Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Any thoughts on feeding Fromm Four star all stages dog food to puppies. It does have some grains, but they are good grains and not grain heavy. They also have a Surf and Turf grainless.

Any thoughts on this brand?

Thanks!

Kim

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Here are my thoughts about dog food. Ideally you should feed your dog the very best food you can afford. This would mean a food made up of human grade ingredients. However, many dogs do just fine on crap food. Our Doberman lived to be 13 eating nothing but grocery store Purina his whole life.

I would ask the breeder what she feeds. Ask her if the dam or sire has any food allergies or issues. (My Sabrina does not tolerate grains or chicken.... Delilah is like a junk yard dog. She can eat anything.)

Don't make yourself crazy over this. Find a food that is readily available and in your price range. If you can find a food that has high quality protein in the 1st three ingredients, great... chicken is better than chicken meal is better than poultry meal. Remember, you can always supplement any kibble with real protein like beef, lamb or chicken. Hell, if you get it on sale, real meat is cheaper than kibble!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Remember, you can always supplement any kibble with real protein like beef, lamb or chicken. Hell, if you get it on sale, real meat is cheaper than kibble!
This is true!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input. I really think I am over thinking this. Whatever I decide will be better than the Iams I fed my two toys.

Kim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts