Registered
647 Posts
Oh, oh my.

Reactions: kontiki and eeeeeek

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My neighbors aren't smart enough to troll.

I loved that 'we'll pay you' seemed an afterthought.

Actually, the big topic today is that Kroger has added self-locking carts to avoid grocery theft. They lock at inappropriate times and are providing a great topic to vent on. My sympathies go to the Kroger employees who have to face these folks.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sure. I will take him. Give him to me for a month and I guarantee I will have him house trained .... At my house. Your house? Sure, I will stay there for a month and have him housetrained, but you have to go away while I am there and I make no guarantees once you get back. My fees start at $5000/week, and I'll give you money back if i fail.

We need a new word for dog trainer. 'Human-Canine Communication Facilitator" or something. It's not the dog that needs help usually.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'd probably slap somebody across the face if I where a dog trainer.. Stupid humans really really get under my skin. Stupid people in regards to animals?.... pphhs....

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's great for lost pets and children and seniors that have wandered away.

I use it to find out local road conditions and vital issues like 'what's going to open in the empty building on Concord Road?'

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sure. I will take him. Give him to me for a month and I guarantee I will have him house trained .... At my house. Your house? Sure, I will stay there for a month and have him housetrained, but you have to go away while I am there and I make no guarantees once you get back. My fees start at $5000/week, and I'll give you money back if i fail.

We need a new word for dog trainer. 'Human-Canine Communication Facilitator" or something. It's not the dog that needs help usually.
I would NEVER return the pup. This person is not a suitable parent!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

Haha, absolutely, but I would NOT give them money back if they do not follow up properly and their dog ruins their new carpet!!!

I had such great success training my own Spoo that other people have not only asked me to train their dogs, but even their kids!

So, I have even trained peoples spoos to do something in a short time for free, just for practice, to see if I wanted to become a trainer. Only to find that the humans do not listen to any suggestions, reward their dog for misbehaving, use aversive techniques when I did not use any to train their dog, etc, etc. I have no tolerance for the humans. Arrrgghh!!!! They pick up on my disapproval and then give all sorts of lame excuses. NOPE ! I love dog training, but not people training.

I developed new admiration for good dog trainers and their patience with humans.
(Perhaps the aversive techniques should be used on the owners)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Funny, but I never actually had to potty train one of my poodles. They just seemed to get it all on their own. My latest had a little problem with the back porch. He would pee against the potted plants, but when I caught him, gave him a stern NO, then ushered him outside, he was fine. It took only two or three takes to get him to realize that the back porch was off limits.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts