Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning and thank you for (hopefully) having all the answers I will ever need for owning an AKC poodle!
I grew up with a Toy, but hubby and I had labs while our kids grew up. Then Gussie (an F1b labradoodle) came into our lives and blessed us with such humanness while he was with us for 12 years! I knew my next dog would be a poodle because of Gus's constant devotion and sweet pleasing personality. But I craved a lap dog (our last two dogs were 70-80 lbs) so started researching moyens.
I found a wonderful breeder in lower Michigan who does it all right - the testing, the training, calm adult dogs (once the crazy "Hi, I'm so excited to meet you!!" is over) and lots of love - and owns moyens and phantom Kleins (3 born in Germany). We met all her dogs (to make sure my husband was comfortable with a smaller dog), and Charlie was born July 3! He will be about 18 lbs as an adult. We will pick him up in September at 10 weeks and I am gathering toys and grooming tools and simply can't wait!
I groomed Gus (he was a shedder and had a straighter coast) and I'm looking forward to doing the same with my little guy, although I have a groomer friend who will also groom.
Anyway, looking forward to sweet snuggles and lots of joy. It's been a long year without a dog in the house!

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
Welcome! I am sorry to hear of your loss - Gus sounds like a lovely dog. But how exciting to have a puppy to look forward to. Get plenty of sleep while you can - we tend to forget how all-consuming life with a puppy can be, after many years with a mellow adult!

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Welcome to PF. I'm glad you"re getting a purbred poodle. They are probably the most awesome dog! (I'm totally poodle-hooked). My mini (who was sold as a toy) weighs a whopping 17 pounds. He is so comfy as a lap dog, a dog to lie next to me on the couch or bed, and a wonderfully playful guy with a great off switch. I wish you the best with your new little guy. Please post pics when you get him... we all love to have a daily puppy fix!

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Congratulations on your new poodle puppy. I bet you can’t wait till Charlie comes home.

My minipoo is 16 pounds and I love this size. She’s easy to pick up to put on the grooming table or to carry anywhere if needed.

Reactions: Beaches1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts