Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I groomed Vinnie this afternoon and then we went outside to take some pics. Unfortunately my big clippers would not turn on (gotta take a look at that), so I had to use my Mini Arco to do Vinnie's f/f/t. It only has a 30 blade, so here he is VERY clean shaven! I have been doing his face with a 15 blade... I forgot how smooth his little face is with a 30! I usually do his ears with a 15 also, but had to use the 30, so went with the hair and I kinda like it!

Coming in for a landing (I love the flying snow!):

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wow lookin good ;)
I cant do Misters with a 30...he just cant handle it. I always do a 10 but im thinking about trying a 15...i think he would be ok with that.
Thanks for sharing the pics!
Oh how long is his body?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His body runs from about an inch around his hips and over his shoulder/neck area it is 2-3 inches. I scissor everything on his body, so am not sure of exact measurements. His topknot is probably 2-3 inches and the hair on his tail is at least six inches! :biggrin: I love that tail!

I like the length of the 15 blade... I wish they would make a 20 blade - that would probably be about perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
As always, Vinnie looks dashing!!! (through the snow) Sorry, just couldn't help myself. Love the crispness of Vinnie, his body in general and his eyes in particular, and the flying snow.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As always, Vinnie looks dashing!!! (through the snow) Sorry, just couldn't help myself. Love the crispness of Vinnie, his body in general and his eyes in particular, and the flying snow.
LOL - I'll have to use that for his next snow photos: "Dashing Through the Snow"! :biggrin:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Okay, this is funny to me that you groom him and then send him out to get all wet! LOL. I always time the dirty/wet activities just before a grooming. I'm lazy like that.

;)

I love the shots of him pouncing on his toy!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have to totally agree with Bella's Momma about the wet or dirty activities being held off for a while after a brand new groom. That fresh new look just doesn't seem to last that long, but sure makes for some real nice pictures though.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Look at all of that snow! Vinnie looks 'dashing' as he is dashing through the snow. LOL...couldn't help it.

His eyes are so bright. He looks like he is having a blast. I know when it first started snowing you weren't sure if he liked it or not. Do your other ones like the snow or is it too cold for them?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Wonderful photos of Vinnie! He looks just great in that cut and I like the #30 on him. I use a #30 on Billy and Taffy and just love that velvet smoothness. Even though Taffy is an apricot, she has no problem with the 30.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, this is funny to me that you groom him and then send him out to get all wet! LOL. I always time the dirty/wet activities just before a grooming. I'm lazy like that.

;)

I love the shots of him pouncing on his toy!
:biggrin: Thanks!! Actually, it is so cold out right now that the snow is a bit "dry" and doesn't stick. We were only out for about 20 minutes and it fell right off of him when we got back inside. His coat is amazing and holds up REALLY well.

Look at all of that snow! Vinnie looks 'dashing' as he is dashing through the snow. LOL...couldn't help it.

His eyes are so bright. He looks like he is having a blast. I know when it first started snowing you weren't sure if he liked it or not. Do your other ones like the snow or is it too cold for them?
The other dogs do NOT do snow very well. The IGs especially - they will use potty pads in my bathroom all winter long only going outside when it's a "warm" day.

Wonderful photos of Vinnie! He looks just great in that cut and I like the #30 on him. I use a #30 on Billy and Taffy and just love that velvet smoothness. Even though Taffy is an apricot, she has no problem with the 30.
I like the #30 better about three days after it's done and the color evens out a bit :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL - I look ALL the time - I can't believe the changes! Although... SOME things don't change! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
seriously FABULOUS pictures- not just cuz it's an awesome dog in an awesome clip- but because seriously those are some AWESOME pictures!!!!!

i'm jealous its been way to cold and we do NOT have enough snow for the time of year- so i havem't gotten out with the dogs- not risking the d2xs camera in 30below temps!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts