Poodle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Louis, and Frank. 10 m old boy standard poodles
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking for bowls to protect my boys ears from getting wet... I was familiar with the spaniel bowl option that you can find online but I couldn't find one big enough to not empty really quickly, as they drink quite a bit. I finally found this option via Amazon that might be intended for smaller dogs but seems to work great for them! Once a day I wash them and fill them, and they're good! I think the boys really enjoy drinking out if them too. Please don't make fun of their non-traditional haircuts, I think their Mohawks suit their personalities. 馃檪 Anyhow, here they are, if anyone is in need of more info, I can post it.
Tableware Dishware Drinkware Kitchen utensil Plate
Drinkware Liquid Blue Green Fluid
Dog Vertebrate Carnivore Mammal Liver
(I'm not affiliated with the company or Amazon in any way, fyi) Here are Lou and Frank and the bowls. (Louis is the apricot with snow on his head, and Franklin is the nearly invisible one in most photos, because- black hair, haha!)

Premium Member
I have not had much luck with spaniel type bowls - still get ears wet. If you can post a link to your bowls on Amazon I would really appreciate.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2.8L Automatic Water fountains... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L3PR75B?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

That is the link from the ones I bought, I had to get them one at a time because at that time the vendor was only offering one per customer, so I ordered one and then after it shipped it let me order a second.

If you search under "snail shaped water bowl" it may come up under that too, under a different vendor. I saw three options at three slightly different prices when I bought mine.
Hope this is helpful, good luck!

Administrator
Are they plastic? Love the design, but I worry about water sitting in plastic...especially plastic that isn鈥檛 intended for human use. Amazon sellers can be especially sketchy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are they plastic? Love the design, but I worry about water sitting in plastic...especially plastic that isn鈥檛 intended for human use. Amazon sellers can be especially sketchy.
They are, but for what it's worth they have no "plastic-ish" or chemical smell, and they are supposed to be made from ABS plastic. (no known escapable carcinogens unless I heat it to 750掳 f, which it's not even in a spot that gets sun, so I'm comfortable with that) Plus since I wash them every evening, it's not sitting more than one day at a time. ABS is supposed to be BPA free, so I'm good with it. They also have a little filter thing which I think is cool, but most likely unnecessary. I've removed the filter discs and I just use warm soapy water every night, and fill them out if my brita filter.

All that being said, if you are not wanting plastic of any kind, (and I totally respect that) these are definitely not for you.

Registered
Winnie 10/24/20 standard poodle
Thanks sharing. I'll be looking at those.
I think your boys are adorable and if you love their hair and they love you that's all that matters. We now have a cream pup and I'm amazed at how easy she is to take pictures of after having a black girl for almost 14 years. Black pups really test you photography skills!
馃槃

Registered
Yes my guy always has the tips of his ears all wet making it necessary to comb them out several times a day. But I only use stainless steel bowls.

Registered
I have a ceramic spaniel bowel I bought on Etsy. (I know my Etsy problem might be noticeable at this point.) They are expensive, but you can support an artist and solve your poodle ear problem all at the same time! See TomsCeramics out of Irvine, CA, for bowl options:

Spaniel Bowl Headquarters by TomsCeramics on Etsy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Registered
I quick search of google brings up lots of spaniel bowl options, that are stainless steel. I'd prefer that. I'll add that to my poodle list, a product I didn't even know existed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts