Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out of town yesterday and decided to check out some of the used book stores. I had this idea that I was going to find some really great, old books for peanuts. Not the case (I'm sticking with Amazon and Ebay), but I did find one neat book. You and Your Poodle by Mollie Skelton, copyright 1966. I bought it mainly b/c of the pics of poodles in the dutch clip, she calls it the "dutch or royal dutch." I think it's a really cute clip and love looking at poodle pictures and artwork from that era. It has some neat info and some really outdated stuff that made me laugh. She talks about finding a good quality pet poodle for a hundred dollars, LOL. Also she states that the dutch clip brought the poodle back into popularity. I don't think I've seen a single modern poodle in that clip. Also there are a lot of show pics with poodles in the English Saddle clip. I think there is one continental clip in the whole book. (Blakeenfan, would really like it.)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Ah I love doing dutch clips, I haven't put Jazz in one yet but most likely it'll be on the list of haircuts she'll wear lol. I wish I had more poo's in it now but alas the last few I had have passed on and no longer need haircuts. Finger's crossed that another few will appear and become clients :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts