Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just have to share my excitement here! I just found a breeder 2 hours away from me that has 3 red and 1 apricot (one red boy, the rest girls) ready to go home the first week of September!! We talked for a long time and I was very impressed with her breeding practices and how she is raising the puppies. We will go meet the little cuties next weekend to sit and play and find "ours" :love: with the help of the breeder... she says she has two in mind since we are a family with a 4 year old son.

I think I might make the drive to petco and celebrate!

Thanks all for the great info I have gotten on here along the way... I think the breeder was impressed on how much I knew ;)

I'll post pictures of the two, she said she would send me some by Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
ready to go home the first week of September!!
Do you mean "December"???!!! :) I can tell you're excited! Congratulations!! We just welcomed our red poodle princess into our home on October 25th - and I'm STILL as excited today as I was then! Yes... PICTURES PLEASE!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Congratulations, I can't wait to see the pictures of little darlings. Did you mean they are ready to go the first week of December, as September has long passed. ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pictures the breeder just sent me... she said she's only gotten to some of their face shavings... I honestly like them furry at this age!! Unfortunately she didn't say much about about what pup is what... I know she mentioned the apricot and one red female that she thinks would be good for our family with a 4 year old...

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you think the two that look like apricot are the same dog?? Are all the red ones without shaven faces the same dog?? Haha, they look like it to me, and I was wondering if they were since she had mentioned she had two in particular that she thought would fit our family. I was hoping a more trained eye could tell... or I could just calm down and wait till Sunday when I get to meet them!!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Do you think the two that look like apricot are the same dog?? Are all the red ones without shaven faces the same dog?? Haha, they look like it to me, and I was wondering if they were since she had mentioned she had two in particular that she thought would fit our family. I was hoping a more trained eye could tell... or I could just calm down and wait till Sunday when I get to meet them!!
Okay the two apricot dogs aren't the same dog. One is very light with darker ears, which later that is a very stunning color, and the other is almost a faded red but med. shade apricot. The first two reds look like the same dog and the last two reds look like the same dog because they both have the white on the chest in the same spot.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya I think your right... I love those red ears on the apricot too! Does that normally stay? I'll have to google pictures and see if I can find some adults like that. Super pretty. I was hesitant about getting a lighter dog, we live 2 blocks from the beach and I've heard (on here I think??) that white dogs can get "stained"? Just not sure how much harder it would be to keep a lighter dog nice and clean looking... coming from a complete newbie to poodles here. I just remembered we had a white American Eskimo growing up that never had a problem staying clean looking. So maybe that answers my question.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Well, apricot isn't white so although it's a lighter color I think you'd be okay. I wouldn't let my dog swim in salt water daily but that's just me. Plus you can buy whitening shampoo and that really cleans the coat to brighten it up.

I'm not sure if the ears stay red but they do stay darker than the rest.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I am not certain that these guys are registered ? I do not think she has papers just an FYI

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I am not certain that these guys are registered ? I do not think she has papers just an FYI
Uh oh.... Find out about this. Do not take a puppy if the papers are not there when you go to pick up and pay.

You may not care about papers, BUT if this breeder was sold dogs on AKC Limited Registration, that means that she was not supposed to and agreed not to breed her dogs. Please, please do not reward people who go behind other breeder's backs and breed dogs that were sold as pets on spay and neuter agreements!!!!!!

Along those same lines..... have the breeding parents been tested? How old are the breeding parents?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Uh oh.... Find out about this. Do not take a puppy if the papers are not there when you go to pick up and pay.

You may not care about papers, BUT if this breeder was sold dogs on AKC Limited Registration, that means that she was not supposed to and agreed not to breed her dogs. Please, please do not reward people who go behind other breeder's backs and breed dogs that were sold as pets on spay and neuter agreements!!!!!!

Along those same lines..... have the breeding parents been tested? How old are the breeding parents?
they have not :(

1 - 20 of 71 Posts