Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a German Shepherd forum I visit they do something kind of neat.

Every month there is a "photo contest" and that contest will have a theme...

for instance past themes have been "Why I have a German Shepherd" or another month was "Signs of spring" so people would post photos that would show why they have their shepherd, perhaps a photo of the dog doing one of the many sports shepherds take part in, etc... just about anything really...or signs of spring would be photos that have evidence of the spring season, etc....

It's always neat to look through the photos posted..the topic is always posted the first week of the month..and voting takes place the last week of the month and the last few days of that month voting ends..the winner picks the next months theme...and so on.

I think we have a lot of people who are picture-happy and maybe it would even encourage others to get more photos every month or have a specific assignment in mind.

The rules were always pretty simple..one photo per person, has to be that breed or a mix including the specific breed..and has to be a photo taken by the person posting...etc... basically just common sense type stuff as far as rules go.

Anyway..it was just a thought. I was browsing the Shepherd forum and looking at all the pictures and thought how much fun it would be to have something like that on the poodle forum.

The photo included is the picture that won "signs of spring" for the April theme on the shepherd forums.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I love this idea! I'm a big fan of the photos that get posted here, so anything that encourages more photo posting sounds good to me. :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Of course I think it's a great idea. If we decide to do a calendar again this year, we could make the monthly winner the main photo for the month. :first:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Of course I think it's a great idea. If we decide to do a calendar again this year, we could make the monthly winner the main photo for the month. :first:

I think this is a great idea!! How do we find out if others are interested and where would the images be posted for consideration?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know on the shepherd forum they have one Mod handle it..the Mod starts the designited contest thread..and others post ONLY photos in that thread...the Mod also makes another thread for "comments" so that people can discuss the pictures in another post so as not to distract from people looking at the pictures.

One picture per person in the thread as well.

Then when its time to vote the Mod makes another thread with a "poll" type thing on it and the poll has everyones name who submitted a picture and that's how people vote.

At the end of the 5 days to a week or so a photo is selected, that person is notified on the forum and in PM and then that winner tells the Mod what they choose for the next months theme.

Make sense?

I forgot to mention there is also another seperate thread for "archived" winners. So the first post is Januarys winner then Febs..etc...this thread is also locked from comments only the Mod posts the previous winners so people can look at them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts