Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think a food section would also be good. What brands, the raw threads. There is a lot out there and it does come up often.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I agree! and people could share dog friendly recipes.

Also if this section is made, could the "list of hazardous foods" be stickied?

alot of people are dog owners for years and don't realize what their dog shouldnt be eating ( my mom feeds her dogs all the rasins out of her trail mix) :doh:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am feeding my poodles duck and potato dry food. I have one that scratches alot. I am wondering if I should switch his food. I have read on this board that some dogs are allergic to grains. What is a good dry food that I can try?

·
Administrator
721 Posts
I'm open to this. Let me discuss this with the mod team. Where would you like this new area added?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm open to this. Let me discuss this with the mod team. Where would you like this new area added?
I would place under it's own even with non poodle because it relates to all dogs.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
thats a great Idea
:D

I'd say put it under General Discussion? because like Olie said it deals with all dogs not just poodles ^_^

((I think its fantastic that we can voice how we'd like to see the forum change and meld...its pretty cool XD ))

·
Administrator
721 Posts
Thanks for the feedback folks. What if I did this:

A new category called: Health, Food, and Exercise

Three new forums under this category.

Health
Food
Exercise

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds perfect:)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a reminder

:bump:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Crock pot chicken
Maybe you all have this already, but will post anyway. I don't add much to my dogs diet other than the quality food they are already on. But, when my standard Ellie was ill with severe ear infections and other issues, (thats a whole other thread), her derm vet put her on a prescrition food, some of which was canned. Expensive! Anyway, during mealtime my other standard Luke would stand and look at his bowl like, "hey, I'm not eating until I get some of that good stuff too!" Can't blame him. He really felt shafted. So I made crock pot chicken for him, and froze muffin cup portions that I then could pull out to add to his food at meal time. Helped us get over the food envy hump.

1 or 2chickens, depending on the size of your crockpot
enough water to completely cover all the chicken!
Let cook for 24 hours, bones and all! It will mush down to nothing.
I threw in a couple cups of veggies the last few hour.
Mash all together, yes bones too, and cool then store how you wish. I made up a huge batch so I wouldn't have to make it for quite a while.
*be sure to let your family know its for the dogs, because it smells just like supper! Yum!

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
spoowhisperer: Thanks for the easy-peesie crockpot chicken recipe and the great idea of freezing it in the muffin tins! This is going to make life so easy!!! And Chagall so happy, which is of course all that really matters. Please feel free to post easy menu ideas for humans too (he he!!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts