Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. My soon to be 9 yo toy poodle that is very over weight. She has been on Authority Senior Small Bites for the last year and a half almost 2 years. Since my baby was born she has been cleaning up after him and when I put her away to keep her from eating his food she acts like she is dying! She gets 1/3 cup of food 2x a day and she acts like she is just starving.... I've looked at the makeup of the food, and it's good food. But I'm needing something to help her loose weight. I try walks. But she just cant go for very long.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am guessing that what she is foraging from baby is enough for her. My dogs always did this, but they were big and the leftovers did not make a dent.

Don't worry about the drama, put her outside or in another room to keep her from cleaning up after Baby.

I looked up Authority Senior on www.dogfoodanalysis.com It has corn in it, which the top brands do not use. Go to the website and look at the 6 star and 5 star foods and check their ingredients. Possibly changing brands and feeding a little less will work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts