Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 mo old murphy has this weird eating habit.

He goes to his bowl, takes a 'kibble' in his mouth and walks away from his bowl about two feet, then chews it, then comes back and repeats the behavior until he is finished.

I am assuming that the breeder might used one bowl to feed the pups and this is how he ate, but who knows.

I am grateful he is eating, maybe I should just focus on that...lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a Yorkie that would take a mouthfull of kibble into another room, drop it on the floor, then start eating it. Needless to say it took him forever to eat his food.

My Tpoo stands at his dish to eat but it's never for very long....I've been putting his food up after 15 minutes. He's 2 years old though...not a baby like ur Murphy.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Ponki does the same thing.... she takes a mouthful, drops it next to the bowl and then eats it.
*why exactly did I buy a bowl*

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
If Moose was there you'r lil guy would have no food by the time he went back to get 2nds!! LO L

He eats quick, and same for water. We think they may have used one bowl too but are not 100%. He eats like he will NEVER be able to eat again... then again he's 2+ years old know so he should know so maybe he's just always hungry and a fast eater ;) L O L.

I say nothing to worry about as long as she's eating.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If Moose was there you'r lil guy would have no food by the time he went back to get 2nds!! LO L

He eats quick, and same for water. We think they may have used one bowl too but are not 100%. He eats like he will NEVER be able to eat again... then again he's 2+ years old know so he should know so maybe he's just always hungry and a fast eater ;) L O L.

I say nothing to worry about as long as she's eating.
LOL!
Now that you mention it todd... we put food in Ponki's bowl and when Ponki turns her head, you hear "munch" "munch" and basically one of the dobermans inhaled her food. We have to close off the kitchen so she can eat in peace. They also eat like they haven't had food in 50 years... mind you we feed them 3 times a day!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a pom that did the same thing, only he brought it to my feet to eat. I thought that was strange. Beau so far eats straight from the bowl. Debby

1 - 8 of 8 Posts