Poodle Forum banner

Food for my new mini puppy

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  schnauzerpoodle 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

My new mini puppy will be flying in next Saturday. I am now planning what/how I should feed him. Here's my plan. Please let me know what you think.

First 7-10 days: (Stick with breeder's suggestion) AM/PM Taste of the Wild wetlands dry + 1 or 2 teaspoons of plain non-fat yogurt + Missing Link for Puppy supplement

Once he's settled, AM/PM TOTW dry + a little TOTW canned (both wetlands formula) + Missing Link for Puppy supplement

Gradually, introduce him to Nature's Variety RAW for dinner and stick to TOTW (dry + canned) for breakfast. Will add raw chicken wings with bones and/or chicken necks and baby carrots as snacks, maybe 2-3 times a week.

Want to add eggs but how should I do it? Raw? Scrambled?
What other veggies/fruits can I feed him? And how?

Thanks a lot.

#2 ·
Congrats. I know you are excited!

It seems like your plan is pretty good to me...

I use yogurt for upset belly's as needed - although since I switched to RAW we have had very little upset belly's. Also the eggs can be mixed raw and you can always hard boil and store in your refrigerator.

You can also use chicken legs and quarters. You can feed the veggies, although they add no additional nutritional value. I just throw them fruit or veggies if I am snacking, other than that I don't feed as part of their diet.

#3 ·
I would definately add a few teaspoons of canned pumpkin in there to help him in the transition to a new food and especially since its a whole new environment. It will keep him from getting the runs.

Congrats and be sure to post pics as soon as possible :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.