Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience using the food and water limiting bowls? The ones that are supposed to slow down their eating/drinking that is.

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-images/brakefast.jpg
and
http://www.dapperpetstore.com/waterbowl/image/bluedrinkbowl.jpg

Water is my bigger problem, Tribble will gulp water so fast and in such large quantities that he will frequently stop and throw it back up. He doesn't retch..just burps it out like he didn't swallow.

Anyone had any success using these for a rapid eater/drinker?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I didn't realize they made bowls for fast eater's/drinkers. I have the same issue's with Eli. He puts his whole muzzle in and takes huge gulps of water then burps it up 5 minutes later.

They don't look to costly.... maybe I'll get one and try it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't realize they made bowls for fast eater's/drinkers. I have the same issue's with Eli. He puts his whole muzzle in and takes huge gulps of water then burps it up 5 minutes later.

They don't look to costly.... maybe I'll get one and try it.
Lol..maybe it is a black standard poodle thing =D

Tribble also likes to go get some water...then run over to my lap and put his muzzle in it while it dribbles out :(

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
We have the food one for moose, he still eats fast but it's slowed down a little bit... mostly he just moves it ALL OVER.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Im starting to think the Standard Poodle burping water issue is a breed characteristic. lol

PP, I have the large stainless steel buckets out side and he hardly has to put his head down for those. He gulps it no matter where he gets it from. I have to admit he is getting better but I have to remind him "that's enough Eli". Luckily he listens now. lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ok, then, so maybe Marley isn't nuts... he goes ages without drinking and then drinks like he is storing up for a trek across the Sahara... is that what your poodles are doing, too?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Pretty much. lol It always seems like they do it right before bed. They will be outside with a bucket of water for 30 min before bed and then come in acting like they didn't get water.

Then I can't sleep well because Im debating if I should wake the dogs up for a potty break. If I do that I have 16 paws to wipe on the way back in. Not what anyone wants to do at 2 am. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts