Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm noticing that the food I'm feeding Wrigley can really cause some gas. I also notice that he can't eat any thing extra (like people food) or he will have TERRIBLE gas. So I'm thinking of switching foods. But I'm wondering if there is anything specific I should be avoiding to help with gas. He is on a lamb and rice large breed puppy food right now.

·
Registered
646 Posts
What is the food exactly he is on. My guys now eat Natures Variety and yes it may be more expencive a bag but Casey at 50 lbs only eats 2 cups a day. I also give Casey probiotic pills of 2million. That is a lot more then you would get in yogurt BUTT that said a tbsp of yogurt worked for my mastiff whe he got gas. just a spoonful each meal and magic.

Try yogurt for a few days and see what happens.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will try that. I use Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice large puppy. It has no by products or corn. I hope the yogurt works...I'm not familiar with your brand but I'm going to google it and see if it is near me.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I'm noticing that the food I'm feeding Wrigley can really cause some gas. I also notice that he can't eat any thing extra (like people food) or he will have TERRIBLE gas. So I'm thinking of switching foods. But I'm wondering if there is anything specific I should be avoiding to help with gas. He is on a lamb and rice large breed puppy food right now.
Teddy has been knocking me out at night lately - have to keep my nose under the covers!:banghead: but I gave him just a little plain yogurt and that does the trick!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts