Poodle Forum banner

Flying with my poodle!

7500 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  cuddleparty
Hello,
I am not a poodle owner yet but I am considering to rescue one out of a shelter and give him a loving forever home. Here is the thing: I fly a lot so I want to be able to take my poodle with me into the cabin. There is no way I would check him as cargo or travel without him. So I guess my future dog can only have a certain size. Who travels with his/her poodle. Is a Miniature already too big? I found a very cute Miniature at petfinder.com that weights about 11lbs, but I am unsure if I could take her with me! Who can help me out and share some information with me?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,737 Posts
I would verify with the airline regulations that you tend to travel on most. American Airlines will allow pet carriers less than 20 lbs. If you get a Sherpa bag, you can verify that it will fit under the seat in front of you. You want to make sure your little one has ample room to lay down and get re-situated if she needs to move. I have found that the air conditioning on a flight tends to be super cold on the floor, especially in a window seat. Might consider bringing a blanket she can curl up in.

I think it would help to know how tall she is and what size Sherpa bag you could carry.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.