Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Does anyone have experience flying with a mini poodle in-cabin? If you have, how tall is your mini poodle and what carrier bag did you use? I want to start training my poodle to be comfortable in a bag to hopefully fly with him in the future but I'm worried he is too big. He's 15 inches tall and just under 15 pounds.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I flew from Houston to Albuquerque with Zoe in the cabin. She is legally too tall, but she was willing to get into the crate. I put her regular big crate in as baggage. She is 14 1/2 inches tall and weighs 11 pounds. She was in full show coat at the time, so she looked bigger. I think the brand of the carrier was Sherpa, but I'm not sure. I gave it to another dog club member who needed one.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Google "airline approved dog carriers" lots of options should pop up.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
This might be helpful but definitely check for updates on the site of the airline you're using. Poodles are leggy so take that into account. Each airline has their own specifications and requirements for carrier sizing.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Lol I commented on your post on Facebook. I used a Sturdibag XL but technically it is 20" long and the limit (at least for AA) is 19" so I had to remove some of the supports when they wanted to measure it. Misha fits in it easily and doesn't mind it but I'd probably see if I could get him into the large instead because I think they wouldn't fuss so much. The Sturdibag is really great at squishing down to fit under the seats. I had no issue squishing it down to fit though I can attest the window seat has less under-seat room so I would go aisle or middle seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts