Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else use these? I rely on them for cleaning up my backyard (just a large patio) here in the city, and lately, they seem out of stock everywhere!:afraid: What's going on? I really don't want to have to throw out bags of smelly poo in my garbage.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe, the ones on Chewy are out of stock, though that is the first brand I used to use before Amazon stopped having them. The other brand I buy is PetBro Flush 'n Gone, which is also suddenly out of stock everywhere. :pout:

That flushdoggy.com website unfortunately comes off a bit shady and whenever I saw them in the past something made me not want to give them my credit card details... Not sure what "travel packs" are but guess I'm going to find out.:noidea:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I don't trust the 'flushable'. I have tried various products that would supposedly disintegrate, and they haven't. As I have a septic, I am not going to put something in there that could clog it up.

This may sound weird, but I put my dogs disintegrable, full, poo bags in the nearest public bin to go to the landfill. I just put them on the floor of the drivers seat until I go by the next bin !

I usually just get his 'bags' from the containers along the trails or park paths where we walk daily.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
When I lived in my pst home we had an extra septic tank on the property and I would just scoop n dump it down then run water into it to "flush" it away down the drain. Now I just bag and throw into the outside trash can. I have looked into those doggie septic but honestly with 4 dogs I don't think it would work out well. I do wish there was something or somewhere else to dump all the waster from the animals.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Here, all our animal waste goes into the Green Bins for pickup and recycling. Into compost, I assume. So my only requirement for bags is that they be biodegradable.

But biodegradable is biodegradable... in a compost pile or septic tank. You should be able to flush them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I keep a small metal garbage pail with a lid in my yard with a liner in it. All poop I pick up from the yard in poop bags goes into it. Garbage goes out twice a week here and when it's garbage day I just take the liner bag out, tie it and put it into the regular garbage pail at night with the rest of the normal garbage. New liner goes in for the next time. It never smells in the yard, even in the summer, except for the small time it is opened to add new poop bags and once in the main garbage for pickup is at the curb so certainly doesn't smell then. Individual poop bags are biodegradable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I always buy compostable bags. I'm not sure they are flushable, but apparently they start to break down about 10 days after use and break down completely, so I imagine they might be? I dont trust anything labelled as "biodegradable," as that typically means they're still made of plastic, they just quickly break down into microscopic plastic...and only in an environment with enough light and oxygen. Burried in a landfill they won't degrade. I'm not sure what flushable bags are made of, does anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts