Poodle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning ahead of the snow’s arrival (could be as early as 3 weeks for a small dusting to start) and the inevitable snow balls that will have found a home on Winston’s (spoo) legs. He was a pup last winter so it was easy enough to use an hairdryer on cool air while in the mudroom to melt the snow and dry him off. Now, 40 pds gain (his, not mine 😜) and several months later, I have a professional dryer that I love and would use for this same purpose but would like to do this in the garage. There would be simply be too much snow and water being blown on the walls, etc in the mudroom now at his size and with the more powerful blower. I’d like ro be able to do this in the garage. Question is, any suggestions as to what could put on floor for him to stand on? Can’t be a carpet or matt - it would just get soaked and freeze. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought maybe cement floor in dead of winter would be too cold but maybe would be fine. Thx.

Good point about wearing something! Been looking around at that option too. Maybe will start another thread asking about that more specifically.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I got these waterproof dog socks that go over Basil's pom poms last year and will do the same strategy when we have snow in Washington.

I couldn't think of a good floor situation other then towels and throwing them in the dryer after, or wearing dog socks. I'm not sure how long your winters are, but I try to remind myself that it's just a temporary season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts