Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often think it is just as well I live alone. This morning the window cleaner arrived when I was still in my dressing gown, and I spent the next 20 minutes rubbing the dogs' backs while chanting the "Flappy, flappy, bang, bang" song to distract them from the brush bumping against each of the windows in turn. It works, but is definitely a bit silly! Why is it that silly songs always seem to be more effective than operatic arias?!

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
I often think it is just as well I live alone. This morning the window cleaner arrived when I was still in my dressing gown, and I spent the next 20 minutes rubbing the dogs' backs while chanting the "Flappy, flappy, bang, bang" song to distract them from the brush bumping against each of the windows in turn. It works, but is definitely a bit silly! Why is it that silly songs always seem to be more effective than operatic arias?!
Poodles are intelligent creatures but mine too love to be sung silly songs like the treaty treat treat song, but I for concerning things I sing about silly naughty cats, and brumby brum noisy trucks.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Because we’re laughing and singing silly songs in our happy, goofy, carefree voice. There’s no tension, no fear, no sense of control. those songs allow us to project the emotion we want our dogs sense.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I dont live alone and i sing to all the animals their own songs! I fully embarrass myself doing it, but sometimes I hear my family singing to the animals too thinking no one can hear them. I think, like Skylar was saying, its bring them comfort. I use songs when they are happy and playing, or sleepy and comfortable. But it's super useful when things are stressful for them, such as a hurt paw or sitting at the vet in those small cold rooms or like in your situation the windows getting cleaned. Just the other day our builder was working on the roof of the house and Maggie was very scared to go inside or outside since he was on top of the garage at the time... I sang Maggie her "Maggie Moo, How Are You?" song and this helped her get confidence up to walk into the garage. Love silly songs!!
But the Flappy Flappy Bang Bang song sounds like a great one :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Y’all. I thought I was the only one who does this!!! I have the “wakey wakey” song for in the morning when they’re not ready to get up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are other songs:
"I've got you under my chin, I've got you deep in the arms of me"
"I can tickle Sophy's tum" (to the tune of London Bridge is Falling Down)
"Oh what horrid horrid bang bangs" (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)
"Out in the garden Poppy, Sophy, Poppy" (Out in the Wide World, Kitty)
and on and on!

Reactions: Rose n Poos
1 - 6 of 6 Posts