Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a fish oil supplement they endorse? I've been supplementing with Nordic Naturals Omega 3 Pet since 2011, but discovered today that Amazon no longer carries it. Before I purchase directly from NN at $41.95 for 16 ounces, I'd like to investigate other options. I'm oriented towards quality and Mia prefers a liquid rather than a pill.

·
Super Moderator
7,143 Posts
I was literally just about to post about this! So funny!

Peggy begs for her own capsule when I take my daily cod liver oil, so I've started occasionally letting her have one. It's not pet-specific, though. It's this:

I was starting to worry maybe I shouldn't be letting her have it....

Is there a reason why you'd need a pet-specific formula? Carlson comes in straight liquid form, too.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I was literally just about to post about this! So funny!

Peggy begs for her own capsule when I take my daily cod liver oil, so I've started occasionally letting her have one. It's not pet-specific, though. It's this:

View attachment 469439

I was starting to worry maybe I shouldn't be letting her have it....

Is there a reason why you'd need a pet-specific formula? Carlson comes in straight liquid form, too.
I'm curious if human and pet oil would be the same, too. Wouldn't it be the exact same thing, just in a different label? I'd imagine dosing is different, but that would just be for the pills, right?

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly. ALWAYS check before giving a pet a human grade food or supplement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts