Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atticus will be going Christmas eve morning. I was talking to the owner and he said that he doesnt get his hair cut the first groom, just his feet, face, tail and a sanitary trim. But the reason I wanted him in was to get his whole body trimmed. His hair is probably 3 inches long. His top knot is waayyyy shorter but it is starting to part and his body hair is really hard to manage. It takes about 30 minutes to brush and comb through all of his hair everyday because he gets little mats at the base of his hair which is a pain and sometimes rips out his hair. He is adorable with his furry face and I really dont want it trimmed, I want him to have a teddy bear face. Or should I just have him get a mustache? I'm pretty sure the first time we brought our standard foster there they trimmed her all over. I'm just frustrated because I dont want to have to go in a week later to get his body trimmed and pay another $35. They do a really nice job and it is priced very well, but without a job (I'm 16, and without a drivers liscense too, so its hard to find a job) it is nearly impossible for me to afford a $70 grooming bill.

Do groomers usually do this? Why wouldnt they want to trim him all over on the first visit?

I cant even imagine him with shorter hair, he'd be the size of a guinea pig, haha. Hes like half his size when hes wet.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
My guess is with puppies they really don't tolerate much when it comes to grooming. You have to kind of get them used to the sounds and feel of the tools used on grooming them. They shouldn't be charging you $35 for a toy poodle sanitary trim. I would NEVER in a million years pay that much.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They shouldn't be charging you $35 for a toy poodle sanitary trim. I would NEVER in a million years pay that much.
I guess I didnt write that out right. He will be getting washed, dryed, his nails and anal glands done, ears cleaned and hair pulled, trimmed feet, face, tail and a sanitary trim.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I'd avoid getting the anal glands done unless you think he needs it and then take him to your vet for that. We just had a thread on this and someone mentioned that the more you do it, the more they need it done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts