Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time for me posting here. Cant tell you how much Ive enjoyed reading your site. It has given me allot of information.
Ive owned many dogs in my past. But a Poodle ahhh...Amazing. And yes challenging. My sister in law has owned 2 amazing Spoos. Both are Therapy dogs. My husband one day , I want a Poodle , because we love both of hers.
He never owned a dog before ( Hes a cat person ). I said of course dear ☺. I always had dogs in my life, for him never .
This was going to be a challenge. He needed to learn how to be a dog person , training , communicating with a Dog. I said to him, well hun, we are in this journey together. Lets meet the breeder. She was very helpful, always a phone call away if we needed advise. Here is Bond.( Choc Phantom ) he is 18 months old. Looking forward in reading all your post.What a great site

·
Premium Member
23,596 Posts
He is a handsome dude! Welcome to you and yours.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you lilly cd re, Michigan Gal and scootersscout. Our groomer does a wonderful job , we like to keep him short and neat. He's a active boy. We keep him busy with his obedience training, agility (just starting) and nose work.
Thank you for your kind comments.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you VanessaC. I have to say . There are some beautiful pics of all your members Poodles. I really enjoyed having a look at them and admired them all.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Hi and Welcome to you all!

Nice to get another convert to Poodledom :).

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We are delighted that you are here with all us poodle people. Your Bondi is stunning - more pictures please:love:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Whoiscoconut, Rose n Poos, Asta’s Mom,and Mufar 42. Nice to meet you all. ☺. We were lucky, our groomer was able to fit Bond in for his appointment when they opened their shop, since the lockdown. She does a beautiful job on him. Thank god hes good on the grooming table and didnt forget his manners. especially getting his face shaved. When I tried to shave his face with a 10 blade ( groomer instruction) no way, he was not having it. So we had a furry face for a while. 😊 the rest of his body we were able to trim him down with no issues. He loves being brushed, nails trimmed and ears cleaned. So we were able to keep him tidy during the lockdown.

·
Super Moderator
6,355 Posts
He sounds like such a wonderful boy. And so very beautiful. Welcome!

Peggy's getting groomed tomorrow for the first time in ages and I, like you, just couldn't manage her face. Hoping she follows Bond's lead and is still a well-behaved girl for her groomer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello PeggyTheParti, Im sure Peggy will be well behave for her groomer. Since Im a first time Spoo owner, I was glad my breeder started early in teaching their puppies to handle their grooming needs. Getting used to being touched with a brush and comb and bathing. This has helped me out allot. I had to learn how to properly groom a poodle, so no nasty mats and tangles. I sure learned allot here on your forums too. So many helpful tips.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts