Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm feeling very proud cos I think she looks great. Although she's been to the groomers twice before this is the first time she's been cut as we wanted.
The first time she had a fungal infection on her back left leg and the vet recommended we shave her completely to check it hadn't spread, fortunately it hadn't. The second time we shaved her again as a) it was summer and sweltering hot and b)just to get her used to grooming again.
Not sure if this is correct, but that's what we did

Anyway, as you can see, she's had her first style and I'm so happy! N I love how her left eye hair grows differently to her right.

And a question:how is your poodle after being groomed? Mine is so excited and like she's learning to walk again, I guess that's the new feel of her freshly cut feet n nails. After about 30 minutes of manic behaviour, she then settles into a day of sleep n not really wanting to do much. Maybe it's due to the stress of being groomed?

Take care and stay safe one and all

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Very nice groom ! Grooming is tiring (and sometimes stressful) so a good nap might be in order after. Mine don’t sleep after. One actually likes it and the other one doesn’t mind too much. They both are happy to get their treat after it’s done, so they’re very excited when I put them down...

If you feel she walks different when you do her nails, then she’s having discomfort and you should do them more often. Try to get the quick to recede so you can go shorter in between clipping. I do both my dogs nails with a dremel every 10-14 days and it’s just so much better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice groom ! Grooming is tiring (and sometimes stressful) so a good nap might be in order after. Mine don’t sleep after. One actually likes it and the other one doesn’t mind too much. They both are happy to get their treat after it’s done, so they’re very excited when I put them down...

If you feel she walks different when you do her nails, then she’s having discomfort and you should do them more often. Try to get the quick to recede so you can go shorter in between clipping. I do both my dogs nails with a dremel every 10-14 days and it’s just so much better.
Oh ok. Again, something I didn't consider. Thank you!
I think I'm often too quick to focus on the fun/cute side of things to even consider that.
I know I shouldn't be, but the way I am with her reflects my general attitude of seeing the goodness in all(not that I'm negligent, I do tend to all her needs n things). In fact, that's one of the reasons I adore her so much, she's brought that aspect out in me again when I wasn't so good at that

Anyway, I waffle!ha. Thank you and hope you and your dogs are well

·
Super Moderator
6,449 Posts
Adorable!! Looking very soft and huggable. :)

I think the post-groom zoomies are a dog's way of releasing pent-up stress. Peggy doesn't do them because our groomer lets her down to be silly and blow off steam a few times during the appointment. I've never had a groomer do that before! She's very tuned into her dogs' emotional state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts