Poodle Forum banner

First poodle foot

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  myfunnyvalentine 
#1 ·
I finally took the plunge and got an Wahl Arco, based on reviews from the board. Well tonight I gave it my first try. I tried to clipp Poppy's face but gave that up for now after much squirming from her. So I though a foot might be easier. She was not thrilled with it but let me do it. So here is my picture of my first grooming try at a poodle foot. I have included a pic of a before, it is her other front paw, but it lets you know what the one I groomed started out as. Now I have no desire to start grooming, just want to do her fft between full grooms. You groomers are amazing in my book!!!

How did I do?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice job for just beginning. Now take it one step further with that clipper. Put it on the shortest setting, use your left hand and grab the top of the leg and run you hand clear down to the ankle.....grasp firmly just above the foot. Use your clipper to cut off the hair peeking out od the bottom of your hand. I use this method to put bevels above the shaved foot. It is quicker than scissoring around each foot.

#3 ·
Great tip, I do my own spoos I taught my self by reading books and practice. I figured its only hair it will grow back FAST if i mess up to bad!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.