Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jasper and I took our first handling class yesterday. We were having a lot of fun until Jas got sidetracked by a tooth fiasco. Poor baby! We're not sure what happened exactly but suspect that a piece of treat got stuck under a loose tooth. We tried and tried to find the source of discomfort to no avail. It took a while but eventually the problem resolved itself and we were back in business.

The handling instructor was a wonderful teacher. She's very experienced in the show ring and is an AKC match judge. Jasper looked great and was a natural with gait, baiting, stacking. I, on the other hand, looked like... a goober :withstupid:. Now I remember why I used to forge notes to get out of gym class LOL. We have lots to practice before the next class.

Thanks to all who encouraged us to give this a try!

I'm going to start a separate post asking about show leads and other supplies.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Good Luck and keep up the good work. Be very careful when training while teething. It could ruin the dog. George recommended against training during teething.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
don't worry- you'll feel more comfortable shortly- my first drop in class i was sure i was an idiot- we had 3? before our first show- and did good at thes how

1 - 4 of 4 Posts