Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got some Andis AGC2 clippers a week and a bit ago.. meaning to buy some scissors, and to do a full groom on Harely.. buuut. I've sort of run out of funding, so only have the clippers.
So.. I've booked Harley in for an appointment in two weeks to be scissored.. but for now I wanted to practice!

So, with the help of Kalstones wonderful book.. I did Harleys f,f&t!
And left a little on his upper lips to leave a 'french mustache'-esque look

Feet were reaaally difficult since I don't have a grooming table, and so Halrey has to sit on the floor infront of me, with me kneeling down... :s

hahaha so.. here we are (ignore the foot failures.. he's no happy with foot-touching so much)

His face hair isn't very long, and so its not a very big mustachio yet

·
Registered
575 Posts
PURDY good for your first try :)

I will assume you are using the #10 blade that came with the clipper? If you use it in reverse (against the hair growth) you will get a much cleaner face and feet.

Also, with the feet, the little boogers (hairs) that like to hide at the nails, you can turn your clipper upside down (bottom of the blade facing the foot, teeth pointing toward the nail) and push the blade into the nail bed to get those pesky critters! This actually works better with a shorter blade, but will help, even with a 10.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
If he will not jump off then you can use a card table, bathroom counter, washing machine, etc. Just put a nonskid rug on it. I dont use a "grooming table" but an old wooden table.
Good job for your first time!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Good job! Keep practicing. Practice makes perfect. Counters with no skid, like the stuff you can use with a rug, is easy and inexpensive. Trust me you don't want to keep doing it on the floor. Be careful with #10 blades on the feet as they can catch webbing and knick pretty good. Have a little tube of neosporin around too for those accidental nicks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts