Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Olive's first birtday is coming soon, on January 30! I am looking for celebration ideas. She is allready getting dog cake, a bithday girl hat and bandana, lots of toys, treants and bully sticks, a harness and she is also going for grooming where she will get a bow an other items the she likes from the pet store. I am trying to make her first birthdat extra special.
Thank you,
Olive Love

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Sounds like she's getting everything a dog would want! I can't think of anything else, other than lots of love and attention because nothing tops that!

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Wow - I didn't know that Olive is having first birthday - sounds like you are so many good things for her. I think you got this.

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
I think you are preparing one very special day with these plans. Olive is one very lucky little girl.

Reactions: Olive Love

·
Premium Member
13,069 Posts
Depending on the weather, an outing to her favourite place and all her favourite games would help to make it an especially happy day.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Happy (early) birthday to Olive!

Poodles are pretty social, so I get Mia the same gift every year: a playdate with her best friend. She always loves it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on the weather, an outing to her favourite place and all her favourite games would help to make it an especially happy day.
I would take her for a long hike at Nose Hill Park or out in the rocies for camping for a night but she is still recovering from her spay that was a month ago. Playing games is a great idea!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poodles are pretty social, so I get Mia the same gift every year: a playdate with her best friend. She always loves it.
Olive would love that but she barks too much so she has no puppy friends. 😥

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Olive would love that but she barks too much so she has no puppy friends. 😥
Oh gosh, that's awful. If you're interested in building up her social skills, I'm sure the many trainers here will have good ideas to share with you. Perhaps it's worth a thread, if you're up for it.

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
I just realized something you didn’t get her .... obedience class. Dogs love obedience class because they get lots of treats.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh gosh, that's awful. If you're interested in building up her social skills, I'm sure the many trainers here will have good ideas to share with you. Perhaps it's worth a thread, if you're up for it.
I feel really bad for Olive too. She must be feeling sad and left out when other dogs are playing and they act like she does not exist. She loves to play with really tiny dogs such as chihuahuas and yorkies but they get scared and run away, Olive barks at larger dogs or dogs her size and they try to fight back sometimes so in both situations I have to take Olive away for the safety of all the dogs. I plan to help her develop better social skills.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just realized something you didn’t get her .... obedience class. Dogs love obedience class because they get lots of treats.
Great idea just not for this birthday because she has a really busy day with a walk and a long grooming session. Great idea for the future!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Aww, I wish you lived near me. I’d be more than happy to have Lacey play with Olive one on one! I really think she’d warm up to her I always wish I could meet other PF members and their dogs.

Yep, sounds like you got her first bday covered. Nothing beats lots of special treats, play, and all of your attention. I kept Lacey’s first birthday low key because she was only 3 days post spay surgery.

Happy early birthday, Olive!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts