Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I signed Violet and I up for Agility 1, my first agility class in 20 years. I have been dreaming of this for over a year. First I had to get a puppy, then puppy needed to grow and learn for a while, and next month is our first agility class. Yay! I'm so excited! And best of all, I think Violet is going to looooove it.

It is flatwork. My safety-conscious trainer has deemed it appropriate for dogs 6 months and older. My current short term goals are: have fun, don't fall on my face or step on Violet. Should be doable. ?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Porkchop. It’s good to have goals. I have been very busy with my career, assisting ill family members and raising kids. Last year at this time I was feeling like life was all work and no play, so I set some goals around developing hobbies and spending more time doing things I love but have trouble finding the time to do...and here I am: smiling again. Thank you, Violet. Thank you, Family for understanding.

·
Super Moderator
1,511 Posts
Thank you, Porkchop. It’s good to have goals. I have been very busy with my career, assisting ill family members and raising kids. Last year at this time I was feeling like life was all work and no play, so I set some goals around developing hobbies and spending more time doing things I love but have trouble finding the time to do...and here I am: smiling again. Thank you, Violet. Thank you, Family for understanding.
Good for you!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
That’s wonderful! I look forward to hearing about the class. I love the sport.

Reactions: Newport

·
Registered
505 Posts
Life is super busy, let alone dealing with the difficulties and stress from illness (self or family) AND raising kids. Taking time to do the things YOU want to do is so important. It sounds like you really owed it to yourself to go for some of your dreams. I’m glad you’re feeling happier than you were a year ago. You and your girl are going to have such fun together!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts