Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local barn hunt group is going to have training later this month - in time for the trial in September. I am looking forward to it. Barn hunt is so much fun for the dogs! I may take our new Lab as well as Zoe - if I can get both crates in the Forester.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
How fun!! I can’t wait to hear about it! Zoe will have a blast. I must have missed you getting a lab - is it a puppy or older? Glad that you will be able to do this in your area, it is so hard to have to travel far for dogsports.

·
Premium Member
22,879 Posts
Have fun and keep the rats safe!

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
What fun - good luck.

There's none near me but I just found out that the barn where my daughter takes her lessons and boards some of her horses - they have a barn hunt once a year. I may go visit her during that time so we can participate.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How fun!! I can’t wait to hear about it! Zoe will have a blast. I must have missed you getting a lab - is it a puppy or older?
The Lab was Joanne's doing. She looks for dogs on rescue sites. When she asked me about Lab personality I told her that while some Labs are calm, many others are hyper. Sure enough, Opal is hyper. She had some training done by the prisoner program, so she does know "sit" and "come" pretty well. We are lucky to have a large walled/fenced yard for her to run off some of that energy.

On the positive side, Zoe adores Opal. They run and roughhouse much of the day.

I'll try to take some pictures and post them.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
You both have huge hearts and I really admire that you have been involved in the show world but also rescue so many. Would love to see some pictures!

·
Premium Member
22,879 Posts
ZM I hope the rats are happy to be in the tubes. I just don't quite think I can think towards doing barn hunt myself since I have had many little critter pets (gerbils, bunnies, guinea pigs (my fav pocket pets)) and just have a little squirmy feeling in my gut on this one.

Reactions: zooeysmom

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
ZM I hope the rats are happy to be in the tubes. I just don't quite think I can think towards doing barn hunt myself since I have had many little critter pets (gerbils, bunnies, guinea pigs (my fav pocket pets)) and just have a little squirmy feeling in my gut on this one.
Catherine, I had bunnies, guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, and mice growing up. Trust me, the rats have no problem going in the tubes, and in fact, it's like a cozy crate for them. I would never do this sport if I thought it was harmful in any way to the rats! They are loved pets of the people who put on the barn hunts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts