Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 5+ years of dreaming, thinking, researching, planning....um...more dreaming, I'm finally getting a standard poodle pup. Was wanting a male but according to the temperment testing, the girls have what I'm looking for personality wise (high retreaving drive, VERY fearless..) and it'll be a black. The one blue they had their keeping...sigh.
Beverley is running a dog show in the Toronto (I think) area this week so by this Sunday she'll be sending me pics of the girls to choose from.
I should be getting the little fluff ball mid-July.
I'm soooooo excited!!!:cheer2:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
How exciteing Congrats on your new baby!

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
How very exciting - and not long to wait now! Just enough time for all the fun puppy shopping (did you know that Simple Solution stain and odour remover comes in a US gallon size - and it works! Made me much more relaxed about the inevitable "Accidents"!). Waiting for puppy photos ASAP.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I see you already have a little rat terrier.....which I love...such a difference in poodles, specially the fur. But they ought to play with eachother and keep eachother occupied.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I just cannot imagine how excited you must be! I cannot wait to follow your new spoo baby story~!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you and what a great time of year to get a new puppy. BTW...I live by Simple Solution! It really works and I'm never without it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all, when I get some pics I'll definitely be throwing them up. I have NO idea what to look for in a poodle pup. Temperament is my #1 criteria but all these girls tested so closely that I actually have to choose between them and from what I've seen on the forum there are alot of people who can see the conformation stuff that I am just blind to in a small pup.
My little Butter dog will have some adjusting to do but it'll be sooo good for her. She plays much more when there is another dog playing close by. And with the lovely poodle fur, she'll have someone to curl up to and keep her warm in the winter (even for a rat terrier she is very naked on her belly).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mary Jane Weir and Beverley Tufford. I think their kennel name is Titian Tyldesley or something like that. Contacted them over a year ago on the advice of several breeders in the States. Their bitch didn't catch last year and they only expected one litter this year but ... Surprise!!! Both their girls caught so they have 2 litters on the ground.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Wonderful to hear your great news about your soon to be female spoo puppy, congratulations!! We had a Rat Terrier, Miss Money Penny, for 16 + plus years and when she crossed the Rainbow Bridge last July 1 we got our mini poo, Chagall. My fantasy is to have both a poo and an RT (of course I want it to be Money Penny!) so you'll soon be living my dream, in addition to your own. Enjoy every second of it!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts