Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me 6 months with trials and fails. All of them, the shortest they would go on Zekefur’s face was a 10 blade. Today the groomer used a 30. Made me happy! Basically she did exactly what I asked... finally! So I think I have found Zekes new groomer.

For those who remember, I found an AKC Crrtified Piidle groomer at a shop not far from here. A week before his first visit with her, she found a better job and left, and they would not tell me where she went. Three fails (one epic), I finally found this lady, and I love her, and Zeke was happy when I picked him up, and relaxed. They did really well with each other.

When I got there to pick him up, the owner came out to talk to me and I really got scared something bad had happened...

Owner: Did you really want nothing done with his top knot?

Me:Yes. I am letting it grow out to be long.

Owner: you sure?

Me: Absolutely.

Owner: Ok, it’s just that... he can’t see.

Me: (Chuckled). I know. I’ll band above his eyes when I get home, common problem.

Owner: Ok. Just wanted to make sure before you saw him.

I know she trusts her groomer, but it was really nice of her to check with me before I may have been shocked. Everyone is pleasant there and I am thrilled. I’ll keep taking Stella and Oscar to a small shop I use because ther is a $25 difference in cost in their groomings.

I am so happy the search is over.
Obviously the pics are before I handed his hair. Also, the legs are so short as I missed a small mat in his back leg, and it had to be taken down short. I totally understand. Simply my own fault.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Lucky you found a good groomer. Haha, without the bands in he looks like a wild man with that top knot.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That dialogue cracked me up. 😂

So happy you finally found your unicorn groomer! Hold on tight! They're precious.
Boy do I know to hold on tight! I feel like it took me forever to find her!

Lucky you found a good groomer. Haha, without the bands in he looks like a wild man with that top knot.
He really does look like a wild man lol!
Here he’s looking a bit better...

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is so cute. Is there a reason the groomer didn't put bands in for you?
Thank you! I got there just as she was finishing with him, and I forgot to ask her. I’m surprised though the owner didn’t ask if they should do that when she spoke with me. Next time he’ll go in bands and I’ll askher to put them back in when she is done. I’m sure she’ll do a better job of it than I.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
He looks great! Glad you found a groomer you can trust.

So I only take Miracle in every once in a while because I groom her myself for the most part. Her topknot was growing out beautifully, and then I decided to try to shape it myself. Big mistake. :(

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He looks great! Glad you found a groomer you can trust.

So I only take Miracle in every once in a while because I groom her myself for the most part. Her topknot was growing out beautifully, and then I decided to try to shape it myself. Big mistake. :(
Awww I’m sorry it didn’t turn out well. A groomer3 times ago messed up the back of zeke’s top knot also. Never use them again!

Thank you for saying he looks great. The groomer did exactly what I asked and that made me happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts