Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my best friend and daily companion in September to stomach cancer after ten years. Life just is not the same without Rocky, whom my neighbors described as magical. A few weeks ago visited a very impressive breeder and am in line for a puppy born in mid-April. I cannot replace Rocky but hope to connect with another well-tempered and conformed tall boy from the recent litter. I was always grateful for Rocky and I have to remind myself of the boundless joy and unconditional love he gave to everyone daily to offset the sorrow of losing him. I knew nothing about poodles until I got Rocky at eight weeks, but believe that the breed is very special.

2018-11-20-Enli Dad Rocky-C1Pro10_DSC8478 2.jpg
2018-11-20-Rocky the athlete.jpg IMG_2191.JPG

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
Welcome. I lost my spoo brothers, 9 1/2 and 10, last year too. It's been both sad and joyful to start over with new puppies.

I love the lighting in the picture of the rocks. Red toned dog, red toned rocks, red toned light - very nice.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Rocky was beautiful and you've proven what a great friend to dogs you are.

Good luck and send us lots of puppy pictures.

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,823 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your future pup reminds you of the happy times with Rocky while inviting new happiness into your life.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lost my best friend and daily companion in September to stomach cancer after ten years. Life just is not the same without Rocky, whom my neighbors described as magical. A few weeks ago visited a very impressive breeder and am in line for a puppy born in mid-April. I cannot replace Rocky but hope to connect with another well-tempered and conformed tall boy from the recent litter. I was always grateful for Rocky and I have to remind myself of the boundless joy and unconditional love he gave to everyone daily to offset the sorrow of losing him. I knew nothing about poodles until I got Rocky at eight weeks, but believe that the breed is very special.

View attachment 476174 View attachment 476175 View attachment 476176
No dog can ever replace Rocky but a pup will help to heal the hole he left in your heart.❤❤

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
633 Posts
Sorry for your loss. A new Spoo will definitely bring back the missing spark. Rocky will be happily watching knowing what a great Dad that new pup has just landed!

·
Registered
Casey, toy poodle - RIP 11/06/2003 to 02/23/2021
157 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. Ten years goes by like a finger snap. Once you're a poodle person, I think you'll always be wanting a poodle at your side. Wish you luck finding another buddy soon now that you're ready.

Reactions: Bigbark

·
Premium Member
4,638 Posts
So Sorry for the loss of your handsome Rocky - sure he had the best of life with you. Look back with joy and love as you look toward having a new poodle

·
Premium Member
10,018 Posts
I am am so sorry you lost Rocky and in the same breath and sentence am delighted that you’re getting a poodle successor. You’re experienced with the breed, but there will still be surprises. I predict lots of fun with this guy. Congratulations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts