Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Arreau and I finally had our household's healthy so we could get together and find Betty Jo and Jenny under all that fur!!! After Arreau was done we had 1/2 a green garbage bag full of fur. It was crazy. I suggested that she should get a spinning wheel and make some yarn and knit a sweater but she didn't seem enthused.

She did a lovely job and it was great to get some tips on grooming as well as seeing how it was done. I'd really like to thank her for all her hard work and I'm sure today all her aching muscles. I really appreciate it all. I'd also like to thank them (Arreau and her partner) for all the lovely food. It was very appreciated!!

It was also interesting to be able to see the girls getting reacquainted with their mom and all of Arreau's other dogs. It was amazing how well they all got along together. My kids have been so excited about letting Betty Jo and Jenny see Holly again. My youngest especially has been quite worried that they must miss their mommy. So she has been really happy to see pics of them all together.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Yes, that is at my home, and they have the run of the 32 foot deck, which leads to the large gravelled area which leads to a grassed area. They do most of their pottying in the gravel area, and graze like cattle in the grassy area. We put the gravel down thinking it would help their feet be clean by the time they reached the door to our kitchen...NOT!! I suppose it does help some. We also put it down because it is great for puppy feet. Helps makes their feet tight.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Wow... that color is absolutely stunning! They really are gorgeous, especially in their new do's. I haven't seen many red standards...apricots, but rarely red. Gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!! I love that pic of Jenny cuddling too. She is my kids favorite. She gets into the funniest positions. We say that she is a cat it dog's clothing. But both Betty Jo and Jenny are real cuddlers and spend hours snuggling with the family.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, that is at my home, and they have the run of the 32 foot deck, which leads to the large gravelled area which leads to a grassed area. They do most of their pottying in the gravel area, and graze like cattle in the grassy area. We put the gravel down thinking it would help their feet be clean by the time they reached the door to our kitchen...NOT!! I suppose it does help some. We also put it down because it is great for puppy feet. Helps makes their feet tight.
I have serious dog run envy. Ours is not nearly as big as yours. With your deck being fenced too Betty Jo and Jenny must have thought they were in a private dog park lol. Especially when they were hanging out with your pack.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Aww how sweet! I just love these beauties! Sorry I seen the other post and thought they were the same HAHA......:)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Well hopefully by summer it will be bigger again!! We are hoping to put patio stones in their current "grazing" area, and then extend things further to the south. More steps to the back door from the area that can get muddy makes for a much cleaner kitchen floor (I hope!!!) They so enjoy having all of that space, and are much happier outside now that they can look into the kitchen and see us. They were never entirely happy when they would be ushered into and locked into the run and couldn't feel a part of things. The ex pens around the perimeter of the deck has changed EVERYTHING. Now they play and do their business then lay at the pation door, quite content because they can see/hear us. God bless the person who thought of them. And thery are as tall as the fence in the run, so no fear of them jumping over. We are pretty happy with the set up. I would love one day to fence the entire yard, but poop patrol could be a nightmare then, and all of the dangerous plants like Foxglove would have to be removed from any of the gardens and transferred to the front of the house.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts