Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been on the search for a poodle for a bit now and today I officially paid for my baby! I'm going to be picking him up June 21st(so far away!).
He's actually Vega's brother. awwww!
His name's gonna be Zephyr.

this is gonna be a lonnng month

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
It sure is!! Hopefully you will be busy with getting ready and other things and it will seem to go faster.

Zephyr is lovely and looks like he will be a great addition to your family.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
YAY YAY!!

Oh how exciting, you better share LOTS of photos. I fell in LOVE with that boy when picking up Vega and then fell in love with him again when I brought Dodger home.

He is a WONDERFUL and happy boy and I just know you will be in love with him. I smell a trip to Florida in Vega's future.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YAY YAY!!

Oh how exciting, you better share LOTS of photos. I fell in LOVE with that boy when picking up Vega and then fell in love with him again when I brought Dodger home.

He is a WONDERFUL and happy boy and I just know you will be in love with him. I smell a trip to Florida in Vega's future.
heehee, i love related pets, it's so cute. I don't know if WonderPup told you but they're just a couple days older than her Saleen. It's like we're parents that have children in the same class.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I remember when I first came here I posted the photo she had on her website of Vega and I think it was Wonderpup who recognized it because she had looked at that same breeder when trying to decide where to get a pup from.

Is she going to give you the registration papers as well?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah getting the limited registration for him. She's such a nice lady and so thorough and organized and helpful!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
She is very nice, i talked to her for quite a bit before making a final decision about bringing a standard home (and now i have two, lol) they are quite addicting!

She also sent both Vega and Dodger home with a nice bag packed with goodies, all the paperwork, a CD full of information and photos she had of the pup, a toy and something from the dogs crate that smells like mom and dad as well as about a weeks worth of food.

I know she feeds chicken soup and i've kept both on it and they seem to do really well. Dodger seems to have some really dry skin but she also gets runny eyes which I knew about before bringing her home so the skin might be allergy related as well, who knows. It's not too bad i only notice it in one area near her belly. If it ever gets worse i might try a food switch for her but other than that Vega loves it.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Congratulations, Zephyr is absolutely gorgeous and looks like a really happy boy. In order to make the time pass quicker, a little retail therapy is a must. Do you have your list yet? ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehe, I've already bought him a doggie bed and am going to to order him a collar and leash next. I work at petsmart so I'm probably going to be bringing him home all sorts of things he doesn't need.

The wait is due to distance. I'm in Tampa, Florida and she's in northern Louisiana. I have to wait till I have the days off to make the trip. I'll be driving the 6 hours to my parents house saturday night, then in the morning I'll be driving some distance to meet up with the breeder. She's 8 hours from my parents but she said she'd be willing to drive to meet me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nooo. I never liked showing when I did it with whippets, so I'm sure I wouldn't like it with poodles either. I am gonna be growing his coat out though and giving him every haircut under the sun, including the show ones.
Mainly going to be focusing on obedience and agility.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
nooo. I never liked showing when I did it with whippets, so I'm sure I wouldn't like it with poodles either. I am gonna be growing his coat out though and giving him every haircut under the sun, including the show ones.
Mainly going to be focusing on obedience and agility.
That is wonderful! I can not wait to get mine!!! I may be looking for an older pup though, like 7-8 mo. Possibly one that was a show prospect one I can do agility with as well as obedience as well as conformation.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Aidan... You know when Mel is going to be up here(down here in your case).... I thinks you need to vacation here with Vega at that same time. I will galdly offer my yard for poodle (and pyre and GSD) play. It's a good sized yard, not a HUGE dog park or anything but plenty of room. I would offer to let you stay here but I'm not sure how John would handle being in the same house with a G.Pryre and a shep. He's afraid of bigger dogs and GSD's, rotties, and Dobe's in particular. Silly boy. He was very reluctant to agree to a spoo because of how big they are compaired to the toy breeds that he likes. Of course now.... lol he wouldn't trade Jazz for the world.

You are alos correct, I did reconize Vega when you first posted a pick hubby wouldn't let me inquire further about him or any of the others because I beleive they were all male. No more weenies in this house he said.. :( I like boys better but thats a whole different thread lol.

I'm so excited for you Mel!! I can't wait to meet to meet him!! He is going to be sooooo awsome and he will give Saleen something to do while we are re-styling Jazz Hahaha! I sooo can't wait!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
lol if i were to visit i'd probably only bring Vega. Pyrrha is very shy in unfamiliar places and always has been, not mean or anything just kind of scared so I hate making her feel that way.

Pandora is a good girl but she's a little pushy with strange dogs, although she'd probably be fine at someone elses home she's just a big snob, lol!

I would love to if I was able to get the time off. I think my manager would have a fit.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
If you're only bringing Vega come on down.... :) So long as you don't have an allergies to cats, rats, guinea pigs, or ferrets LoL.
Awww come on... put in for the time off... whats a couple of days riiighht. It can't hurt to ask :p

I can always board the cats btw, Sake' is waaaaaayyy over due for a kitty attitude adjuestment. I used to board them once a month when we lived in the appartment. She was soooo sweet for about two weeks when we brought her home. Now that we don't have to do that anymore Sake' is kind of a pain lol.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
lol I have two cats one is a ragdoll and the other a random stray and he's about 16 years old now. I've had him forever, unfortunatley he's having kidney trouble :(

I'll ask but i think my managers eyes will turn red and possibly kill me, lol. I just took 4 days off to go to my dads house for a visit a few weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts