Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the only pic of Winnie I've managed to get where she doesn't just look like a giant black cotton ball.
I think she'd look better with face and feet shaved but I think she has only been to a groomer twice.
We're taking it slowly to get her accustomed to grooming. I've been brushing her daily and I took about half the hair out of her ears last night. She was very good about it, acted like it wasn't comfortable but she didn't put up a fight. She had a LOT of hair in there and I didn't want to stress her too much and get her to the point where she would fight me.
I am not overly familiar with a poodle coat. How does hers look? She is very, very soft, the kind of dog you just LOVE to touch but her coat doesn't seem very shiny to me. (Maybe its the 3 baths this week?)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
ah she's cute! she looks shiny to me. My red spoo never looks shiny - as a matter of fact neither does the silver beige. But winnie looks shiny to me. Congratulations!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, she looks shinier in the picture than in real life. Must be the camera flash!
My husband things she looks like a bear with all her hair the same length.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
She is a sweet heart. I have 2 black Standard's and thats one thing I like about black dogs.....you can get there coat super shiny. Sometimes I use hair shine oil that's made for humans. Bling!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts