Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems we have a feral cat colony in the neighborhood. We don’t have an spca or animal rescue in our town but we called the one in the next town over, and hopefully they will come and help out (although they are busy in their own town and we’re 100 km away). Meanwhile I am wondering how I can feed them. We have coyotes here, so I thought maybe I could put cat food in the trees somehow. Hmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'd say get a big bag of cheap cat food (these cats are likely getting a good portion of nutrients from mice and the like) and dump it into a giant bowl, but the coyotes throw a wrench into that... Maybe a bird-feeder-esque contraption? There's also specific feeders for cats to eat in and be safe from predators that look fairly easy to build: Feeding Station Options

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s exactly what I was thinking! I have refitted a bird feeder to put in a tree. We will see how this works... the area they live in is so densely forested I could barely walk 2 feet into it especially with the snow hiding holes and fallen branches on the ground

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that’s what the spca does if they do come out; the tnr program. There is usually a high demand here for barn cats if people can trap a cat or two and start feeding them in their barns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts