Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Fenris (spoo), Sushi (old grumpy cat)
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my gosh, I was so nervous! The hardest was the stay because he loooves to follow me (it's the boring command) but he was so good. He stayed, not even a muscle twitch. And no treats anywhere too. I was so proud!! He was so focused, I almost thought someone replaced my dog. But then after I gave him a release word and he started bouncing like a kangaroo. And all this at 9 months, so I feel lucky that day his puppy brain decided to take a break, lol.

·
Premium Member
24,239 Posts
Awesome, a new CGC is not just about the accomplishments of the dog. You did great work as a team! Congratulations to team Fenris!

·
Registered
Fenris (spoo), Sushi (old grumpy cat)
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, a new CGC is not just about the accomplishments of the dog. You did great work as a team! Congratulations to team Fenris!
Thanks! And being a first time ever dog mamma it was a huge learning curve for me too. I never had any pets growing up either. We are both feeling accomplished.

·
Super Moderator
2,976 Posts
Congrats. The bouncing like a kangaroo part shows how much work YOU have put in. You've taught a high energy dog to focus and wait. Not easy!

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Definitely a huge accomplishment for team Fenris. Congratulations on your CGC.

Reactions: AliFenrisMom

·
Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
260 Posts
Congratulations!

Reactions: AliFenrisMom

·
Registered
51 Posts
congrats! That’s a great accomplishment at 9 months! My current boy (and my last one) just couldn’t do it at 9 months, we passed at eleven months for both boys. Vet exam has been my most challenging part of CGC.
you should be very proud of your boy and yourself

·
Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
971 Posts
congrats! That’s a great accomplishment at 9 months! My current boy (and my last one) just couldn’t do it at 9 months, we passed at eleven months for both boys. Vet exam has been my most challenging part of CGC.
you should be very proud of your boy and yourself
There's a vet exam? What's the challenge with that? (yes, really, I don't know )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts