Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so there's two female dogs (both around 7 -8 month of age) that belongs to my back fence neighbors.

The neighbor dogs are outside dogs and they both bark up a storm if a leaf drops (always barking). So they USE bark even more when Winston (5 months old) is outside etc.

Within the last few days i've noticed a change in Winston and their dogs behavior. The female dogs are no longer barking at him - they are all (including Winston) now smelling the gate . Winston is much MORE aware they are there - just smelling up a storm

I don't think think the dogs are fixed - as puppies they use to dig under the fence and come into my yard daily. I didn't have Winston yet. The owners have since fixed there side of fence.

I'm concerned that one of our dogs will start digging under the fence soon - i don't know much about a females heat cycles. I do not watch Winston 100% when he is outside on his potty breaks or just stretching his legs. Winston will be fixed within the next month or so.

Whats the best way to approach neighbor about this possible upcoming jump the fence breeding problem? :doh:- there dogs are outside dogs, no training, never taken for walks - just backyard "guard" dogs etc

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hopefully, the neighbor will know what the signs are of their female being in heat - although I understand they can have a "silent" heat sometimes. Maybe ask your neighbor to let you know if one of their females is in the courting mood and at least you can keep a better eye on your dog till he gets neutered. What a pain. It's not your fault and it puts a lot of responsibility on you.

Gotta feel sorry for their dogs. They deserve a better life.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hopefully, the neighbor will know what the signs are of their female being in heat - although I understand they can have a "silent" heat sometimes. Maybe ask your neighbor to let you know if one of their females is in the courting mood and at least you can keep a better eye on your dog till he gets neutered. What a pain. It's not your fault and it puts a lot of responsibility on you.

Gotta feel sorry for their dogs. They deserve a better life.
Totally agree with you a total pain and I hope that the neighbour pays more attention.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would start preparation for working on YOUR side of the fence when spring is her. I'd get concrete stepping stones and lay them all along the fence where your dog will run. It doesn't totally prevent digging cause a strong dog can move them. I'd install 6 ft vinyl privacy fence along the boundary too. You CANT make your neighbor change but you can change the way your dog sees the neighbors dogs.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I would call the authorities every time they are barking their heads off. That is a nuisance and interrupts your progress with your pet.....this will push the neighbors to get it together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts