Poodle Forum banner

If we had a speaker, which topic would you like to learn more about?

• at home grooming (i.e., nails, ear cleaning, teeth)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • nutrition

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • pet message

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • adoption/ rescue work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • traveling with your poodle

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • canine dance

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • agility

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • flyball

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • none! I'm not interested in meeting the group

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all my fellow Chicago members!

Would you be interested in getting our dogs together for a little playtime inside away from all the cold, snowy, dirty salt/ grime unfriendly parks? :smow:

I spoke with the owner of a small dog daycare/ boarding/ grooming facility that said she would be happy to host our little dogs for an hour or two of play time.
Please let me know if you would like to attend and feel free to post suggestions/ comments.

Depending on interest I can post several dates and the location of the playdate.

~Christine

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I am not in Chicago (about an hour and a half west), so i dont think this will work for us. Also i am So busy right now that i dont have any time. I would love to otherwise.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'm not really close to Chicago (it is... quite far...) however, I did vote. If there were a meet up closer to where I am, and we had a speaker, I would love to learn more about pet nutrition. Most of what I know about it was self taught, or I learned it when we had a special needs dog when I was in high school. I think it is something that everyone could benefit from!

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Sounds like fun! I wish I could go, but Atticus broke his leg yesterday and wont be able to come ):. If you have one in a couple months I'd love to come. We should plan one for the summer!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Sounds like fun! I wish I could go, but Atticus broke his leg yesterday and wont be able to come ):. If you have one in a couple months I'd love to come. We should plan one for the summer!
Atticus broke his leg? I hope he is OK

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that!
I won't have the first playdate for a month at least, as I'm sure it takes some time to get "word on the street." But since I plan to make it educational as well as a social time for the dogs- he'd still be welcome to come assuming he's feeling up to it.

just keep him rested and he'll heal quickly and it will be one of those things you guys can put behind you!:doh:

***Oh! and I can't add to my OP at the top- however I would like to add that I'm trying to find out if there is interest in our get together being educational for the owners in addition to giving the dogs time to socialize...

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I think it'd be fun to go and meet everyone as well as the dogs. Where would it be at? I live an hour Southwest from Chicago.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Christine,
Sounds good to me.......what date are you looking at?.....I will be getting Leila spayed in the next few weeks, so depending on what the date is I would like to attend....thank you for trying to schedule this play date.:)
Lucille

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for attempting to set this up.

As a retail store/pet spa owner I doubt I will be able to attend.
I work 6 days a week so no time for social events right now.
If you wanted to have a get together at my business we could discuss that.
www.allthingswoof.com
Roselle,IL

Kathy

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for attempting to set this up.

As a retail store/pet spa owner I doubt I will be able to attend.
I work 6 days a week so no time for social events right now.
If you wanted to have a get together at my business we could discuss that.
www.allthingswoof.com
Roselle,IL

Kathy
thank you for the offer Kathy, that's very thoughtful of you :)
would you have a preference of small dogs only? some businesses cater to small dogs and therefore have requested limits on the size of dogs hosted at their facility

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so our first playdate is closer and closer- Saturday afternoon is right around the corner! Ocsi and I can hardly contain our excitement!
I'll be sure to post pictures on here for you guys to see the turn out!! :)

Any words of encouragement/ suggestions...?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts