Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been feeding raw part-time for a while but I couldn't find a good source of ground up meat. I found http://mypetcarnivore.com, they serve the Midwest region. I got my first delivery last Sat. and the dogs love the tripe super mix, chunks of young beef, and ground up rabbit. Yummy! I feed raw in the morning and the dogs get so excited dancing, jumping around when I put out their feeding towels. They usually only get that happy for live birds!!! They don't get that excited for the evening kibble feeding but they do eat it. I've noticed a change in their temperaments; they're much calmer over all and more focused (learning concepts faster) during their retriever training work. Happy dogs make great retrievers!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hey, my link didn't work! It should read I found mypetcarnivore.com, they deliver frozen raw dog food around the Midwest region. Desiree

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Hi! I am new to Raw one month in for all my dogs - we took the complete plunge. I think there a few on here that do Raw as well.

I don't do anything ground or know of a local co-op in MB to get meat so congrats in finding a place to at least order especially on the game meats! I am finding that once I looked around a lot, you can find great deals at your local grocery stores, TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!

Happier dogs is a great thing!!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Olie, i have always found Great prices on pork/beef right after a holiday. The day or two after Memorial day go to the store. They stock up on the big pieces of meat for all the grilling people will do. I have found pork for under 1.40$/lb at these times!!! After every big holiday i have found this to be true.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Olie, i have always found Great prices on pork/beef right after a holiday. The day or two after Memorial day go to the store. They stock up on the big pieces of meat for all the grilling people will do. I have found pork for under 1.40$/lb at these times!!! After every big holiday i have found this to be true.
The Holiday tip is a good one, I was not thinking about that. I have been buying out 2 chains here (Lowes Food) on chicken leg quarters for .49 a lb. So thats helping offset our intro to pork because the price is higher. I cannot wait to try fish. That will be interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts