Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Layla
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you got our almost 11 week old Spoo two weeks ago we continued feeding her Fromm Gold Puppy food. She eats two cups of kibble about 4 times a day.
My question is - Is this the normal amount of food to feed a almost 11 week old Standard Poodle puppy ?

·
Super Moderator
7,229 Posts
There’s really no normal, as the serving size varies from brand to brand and formula to formula. It also varies according to your puppy’s age and weight. You’ll notice the serving size on the bag will likely increase over the next 6 months or so and then decrease as her growth flattens.

What’s most important right now is that her meals are spread out throughout the day so she’s eating frequently and meeting her nutritional needs without over-filling her belly. Also that she is gaining weight steadily, and your vet feels she’s in good condition.

Do you have any reason to be concerned right now?

·
Registered
Luna
29 Posts
Im not sure I understand the total amount you are feeding, is it 2 cups total divided into 4 servings? Or 2 cups 4 times a day? If it's the latter it's way too much! If the former then sounds about right, but follow the feeding instructions listed based on expected final adult weight and or your vet's advice.

·
Registered
Layla
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not sure I understand the total amount you are feeding, is it 2 cups total divided into 4 servings? Or 2 cups 4 times a day? If it's the latter it's way too much! If the former then sounds about right, but follow the feeding instructions listed based on expected final adult weight and or your vet's advice.
I have been feeding Layla a total of 2 cups of food in four separate times during the day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts