Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happens pretty frequently. A new member comes to the "Member Introductions" area, and sees this notice:

Member Introductions New Poodle Forum member introductions! Human and Poodle :) You must make 1 post in here first to be granted access to post in other areas of our forums.

So they post, but in another members existing Member Introductions thread and their Welcome is now tied to another's and sometimes missed.

Could the wording be changed slightly to:

Member Introductions New Poodle Forum member introductions! Human and Poodle :) You must start your own thread in here first to be granted access to post in other areas of our forums.

It may not be strictly necessary for a new thread to be started but it could eliminate some confusion for them and us.

·
Premium Member
22,136 Posts
I agree Rose n Poos. I think some new people who do so may end up not feeling very welcome since I suspect that their intro may go unnoticed and not get any replies. If I see a new post in an intro thread that I already replied on I rarely look at it since I will look at it as just another welcome for the OP and not realize that there is a new person there who deserves a proper PF welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
I think that’s a good idea Rose. I hate to admit it, it I was one of the offenders. When I realized I quickly posted to the OP that I was sorry for hijacking his thread, and would move on.

I posted in his because it was titled “Member Introduction” which I thought was for everybody. It had also been several years since being in a forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that’s a good idea Rose. I hate to admit it, it I was one of the offenders. When I realized I quickly posted to the OP that I was sorry for hijacking his thread, and would move on.

I posted in his because it was titled “Member Introduction” which I thought was for everybody. It had also been several years since being in a forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lol, not an offender, just unclear to many. From years of working with written instructions, I've learned that if only one person misunderstands, it's them, but when something keeps getting misunderstood, the wording needs to be reviewed :). Not saying I substituted the perfect solution. We'll see if this helps our new members.

Thank you Admin for hearing the request and acting on it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts