Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all -- I've been lurking up a storm and researching all over the place, writing up pages and pages of notes, trying to find the perfect red/apricot mini for my family's first dog. Although I prefer red/apricot, I'm not inflexible, so I've been researching breeders that look great regardless of the colors they breed.

Does anyone have any input on MaryMargaret Sparkke? Strangely, I didn't find her from my exhaustive web search; she was mentioned in "The Poodle Handbook" by Linda Whitwam. Here's her site, which looks legit to this untrained eye: MaryMargaret's Pups - Puppies For Sale

Has anyone had dealings with her? Another breeder I'm considering is much closer to my Brooklyn home: Light 'n' Lively Poodles in Staten Island. She doesn't have reds, but her whites look gorgeous and it seems like having a breeder near my house could have some advantages.

I'd be delighted if anyone could share some info about Ms Sparkke (who doesn't seem to have been mentioned on this site before), and if anyone has something to add about Light 'n' Lively (who has been mentioned here in the past).

Thanks so much, and I hope to have a puppy to share pictures of soon!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Gracie is a Light n Lively poodle and she is everything I wanted. Super healthy, friendly with all people and dogs, and just a gorgeous dog. She will be agility dog and is showing a lot of promise. A friend of mine has her cousin, he is white, and very similar to Gracie.

I met her mother, grandmother, and half sister at Joan’s before making a decision. They lived in a guardian home and were there for grooming. I also talked to the woman who owned them, and they were clearly family pets first, and she had nothing but good to say about the line. Super impressive was Grandma who was 14 (long spayed), very healthy, and did not look or act 14. Gracie’s mom was 7 and Gracie was in her last litter.

If you search my other threads, I talk a lot about Gracie, lol!

Here a couple pics- PM if you want to talk more.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for this info! Gracie is a stone cold stunner and she certainly speaks well of Light N Lively. I appreciate the offer to PM you and I'm going to do just that. ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you so much for this info! Gracie is a stone cold stunner and she certainly speaks well of Light N Lively. I appreciate the offer to PM you and I'm going to do just that. ?
Hi, all -- I've been lurking up a storm and researching all over the place, writing up pages and pages of notes, trying to find the perfect red/apricot mini for my family's first dog. Although I prefer red/apricot, I'm not inflexible, so I've been researching breeders that look great regardless of the colors they breed.

Does anyone have any input on MaryMargaret Sparkke? Strangely, I didn't find her from my exhaustive web search; she was mentioned in "The Poodle Handbook" by Linda Whitwam. Here's her site, which looks legit to this untrained eye: MaryMargaret's Pups - Puppies For Sale

Has anyone had dealings with her? Another breeder I'm considering is much closer to my Brooklyn home: Light 'n' Lively Poodles in Staten Island. She doesn't have reds, but her whites look gorgeous and it seems like having a breeder near my house could have some advantages.

I'd be delighted if anyone could share some info about Ms Sparkke (who doesn't seem to have been mentioned on this site before), and if anyone has something to add about Light 'n' Lively (who has been mentioned here in the past).

Thanks so much, and I hope to have a puppy to share pictures of soon!
I was also looking at MaryMargaret did you by chance end up buying from her or hear any feedback from others?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts