Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I received a couple of PMs asking about whether or not we can have a classifieds/vendors area in here. What are your thoughts before I chime in?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I think it's a great idea. Some are groomers and we can share things that we don't need or want anymore with people that do.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I like the idea, too... I belong to a horse forum and lots of members are able to buy/sell/trade/give, etc... stuff. The only thing I'd be careful about is advertising live pets... you might get byb's able to advertise for free and knowing that great poodle owners are on this forum!!! Thanks for asking! :)

·
Administrator
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok... you guys are going to have to help me list what falls under classifieds and what falls under vendors.

For me, I might have an extra dog collar lying around from a Christmas present a year ago... I would list this in the classifieds.

Now, let's say I make bows or special clothes for dogs and wanted to sell them to the community, that would make me a vendor. Vendors will have to pay a fee (TBD) to be an exclusive member here.

How am I doing so far?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I'd love to see a place for vendors and I'm sure companies like Isle of Dogs or Woof Wear would like to be able to advertise here.

Just don't kill the Golden Goose by charging too much. In some ways giving our members access/exposure to great products is benefit to our community.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like the idea. My $.02 would be for the vendors to be hand made items, not distributors. I really love unique, hand made collars, but if I want one like everyone else I can buy it anywhere.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I really want to find someone that makes the bracelet covers for boys. I know they have them at Cherrybrook but I want handmade ones.

·
Administrator
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great news... we will be adding classifieds and vendor areas to the forums as soon as I can set up some rules. :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Our Tulsa Poodle club is doing a fundraiser and wants to sell poodle magnets for cars or refrigerators in either the continental clip, sporting clip or puppy clip, in the colors of poodles and for the Standard, Mini or Toy. We would love to have the opportunity to gain an audiance with an appreciation of the Poodle breed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts