Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's dozens of things that you can list.. but what's a couple things you absolutely adore about the breed? Something cute, quirky, silly, convenient, ect.

Something that ALWAYS gets me is when standards kinda puff their cheeks out when they breathe sometimes. I think that is the cutest darn thing ever.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Something that ALWAYS gets me is when standards kinda puff their cheeks out when they breathe sometimes. I think that is the cutest darn thing ever.
I thought Elphie was having difficulty breathing yesterday after her groom because I saw her doing that xDD
but my mom said she does it all the time haha

I love how elegant they are
thats what attracted me to the breed the most I think
when they cross there paws and just stare around all regal like
VVVVVV
example

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Holy cow how long is this page :)
I love it when they smile, I love the intelligence of the breed, simply Amazing.. I love the protectviness of the spoo..I love the way they carry themselves. I love the clownlike attitude.. Sadie peels hers lip back to take a trat she looks like alien...Man I could go on all day...I think the thing I love the most is the "Tude"

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I love the way they are completely devoted and loyal to their humans. I cannot go anywhere in the house without Thinker following and making certain I am okay.

I like how Holly is never pushy or intrusive. Happy to be loved and cuddled, when you are ready and not in your face demanding love from you.

Their regalness is something to behold (when they are not being complete doofuses).

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the way they are completely devoted and loyal to their humans. I cannot go anywhere in the house without Thinker following and making certain I am okay.
You mean how they can be in a dead sleep with you sitting nearby, and when you get up to go somewhere they're right next to you? :)

Another thing for me, the first time I saw a standard, their movements reminded me of swans.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I love how human-like they are. Desmond (seems to) have very complex emotions and thought processes and I can just see him thinking. It's really incredible, and I don't see that in many dogs.
Also I agree with Keith... I love how regal and dignified they look. Especially when they're moving, how they prance around, it's so beautiful and cute! :)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
You mean how they can be in a dead sleep with you sitting nearby, and when you get up to go somewhere they're right next to you? :)

Another thing for me, the first time I saw a standard, their movements reminded me of swans.
Absolutely, Thinker is nearing twelve and is a bit hard of hearing, but if I move, he ends up where I am. So sweet, and so dedicated to looking out for his new Mom.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
This is a great thread, I am smiling just thinking of how many great things are running through my mind.

My favorite thing would have to be how irresistibly loving they are.

But if I can add a few others I love it would be how goofy and humanlike they are - I sometimes do not feel like I am with a dog, strange but it's true:)

I love that Suri picked me for some crazy reason, she follows me everywhere, sleeps beside me and kisses me often! AND I REALLY LOVE IT!!!

And to be honest with you, I like their little cocky struts!! People will say "aww pretty dogs and they act like they know it too" I say "thanks" and walk away thinking uhhh huh and they DO know it, lol!:)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I, too, love the loyalty.

TheQueenieBear would run out the front door to explore and not look back for a second until she wanted to come home for food and some lovin'. Perry, on the other hand, would take the first step out then stop and wait for me, or even run back to me and jump on my legs, raring to go WITH me. Not WITHOUT me.

A perfect example is right now! I'm standing in the kitchen (with the computer on the counter... I'm hungry!) and TQ is snooping around, nose to the floor, in and out of the room. Perry has stood at my feet this entire time, and somehow knows when I am looking at him, because he looks up when I look down!

OH, I also love how vocal he is! He doesn't bark, but he sort of grumbles and talks, which I love! Today during his bath, I guess I was hitting juuuuust the right spot and he grumbled... I moved and then moved back to the spot and he let out this long one like, "That's the spot!"

(That sounds SOOOOOO wrong in text form, lol)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Only a couple?! Ok.

I love how prancy and dignified poodles are. I could watch a nicely moving poodle strut all day long! I love how gentle they are about their loving. Riley is extreamly loving, but not in your face about it. He will follow me around the house, but not get in the way. I love how they think and how they work things out. I love how Riley uses his feet all the time either to play or give attention.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love that they seem almost human. When they look at you they look you in the eye, and the facial expressions are priceless. You can see the wheels turning. I like how when Ginger is freshley groomed she struts and know she looks pretty. I love how she smiles showing her teeth. Just something special about poodles

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I love how versatile they are. My dogs might LOOK prissy, but they have no qualms about jumping into a mud puddle (much to my dismay) or hiking through forests. I love how goofy they are, and that wicked, nincompoop spark in their eyes when they're thinking devilish thoughts.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I love the cuddles.

I also love love love the whole look of a poodle. the prance, the look in their eye, the coat, the style, the glam. I love going out for a walk and literally stopping traffic so they can all look at the stunning big poodle!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
The athleticism!

They are so fast and light on their feet. They have tremendous stamina and they can jump the moon. They will retrieve until my arm falls off. I love that they look so elegant and stylish but that they are rough and tumble enough to give a junk yard dog a run for its money.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Their elegance, beauty, regalness, clownliness, cuddliness, sweetness... it goes on

They are just so perfect, they have the brains, looks, athleticism, and are like a WONDERDOG!!!

There is nothing I don't like about them, I actually like the grooming, although it can be tiring.
I love showing Saffy off, some people are just in awe when they see her, and it really helps that she is really laid back and calm (most of the time lol)

They are Absolutely Fabulous!

...lol

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I love the intelligence the most - and it is really "human-like" :) !!! There are some other breeds that are very fast at learning and even better performers in obedience but when I look at them I still see " a dog that is very trainable" - in a poodle I see "a persona" . They are so intuitive - they can read your mind and emotions without you ever making an eye contact or saying anything - they just KNOW what you feel !!!

I remember doing a homework one day and being upset and sad thinking about something said in school that day and my spoo just slowly got up from his bed and came up to me and poked me with his paw to get my attention and than put his head in my lap standing still there like saying: " I am here for you, buddy, don't be sad..." and things like that ... I loved the way he "cocked" his head when I would "baby-talk" to him : ))), I loved his fresh breath and soft curly hair, his deep dark eyes that had a special "twinkle" . I loved his eagerness to please and to play and goof around to make us all laugh.

They are beautiful , special, unique and gentle creation in this word that is so opposite of what poodles represent... Having one is closest to having a "Unicorn" in ones life, I guess LOL

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I love the intelligence the most - and it is really "human-like" :) !!! There are some other breeds that are very fast at learning and even better performers in obedience but when I look at them I still see " a dog that is very trainable" - in a poodle I see "a persona" . They are so intuitive - they can read your mind and emotions without you ever making an eye contact or saying anything - they just KNOW what you feel !!!

I remember doing a homework one day and being upset and sad thinking about something said in school that day and my spoo just slowly got up from his bed and came up to me and poked me with his paw to get my attention and than put his head in my lap standing still there like saying: " I am here for you, buddy, don't be sad..." and things like that ... I loved the way he "cocked" his head when I would "baby-talk" to him : ))), I loved his fresh breath and soft curly hair, his deep dark eyes that had a special "twinkle" . I loved his eagerness to please and to play and goof around to make us all laugh.

They are beautiful , special, unique and gentle creation in this word that is so opposite of what poodles represent... Having one is closest to having a "Unicorn" in ones life, I guess LOL
So true, a poodle is a friend for life :love:

·
Registered
196 Posts
My first experience with owning a poodle was six years ago. The first thing I noticed was how inteligent they are; smarter than some people I know. I trained my first one to do some basic tricks, and we show off when company is over at the house. They all are very amused. My poodles are my alarm clock, they know when it is time for me to get up. I didn't know they could tell time. I love the way they greet me each time I come home, like it has been forever since they have seen me. All 3 of mine are very loving and attention seekers. When I am sick, they all stay by my side. I think my poodles are my best friends.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
My first experience with owning a poodle was six years ago. The first thing I noticed was how inteligent they are; smarter than some people I know. I trained my first one to do some basic tricks, and we show off when company is over at the house. They all are very amused. My poodles are my alarm clock, they know when it is time for me to get up. I didn't know they could tell time. I love the way they greet me each time I come home, like it has been forever since they have seen me. All 3 of mine are very loving and attention seekers. When I am sick, they all stay by my side. I think my poodles are my best friends.
I KNOW they are your best friends. When I was growing up in Toronto, we were "the weird Poodle people" because at some points, between adults Spoos and their babies we would have 27 dogs in the house. My dogs gave me the strength to endure the teasing. Because when all the nasty girls in school would tease me because of our love for this breed and the sheer number of dogs we had, I KNEW, when I walked through that door, the most devoted, faithful, loyal pack was going to be there to say "We are so glad you are back" and love me unconditionally. I got to the point where if I never had one teenage human want to be my friend because of our hobby and love for the breed, I truly did not care. Who could feel bad when you would have seven adult Standard Poodles acting like you were the most important thing on earth.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts