Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we all love ALL poodles, but everyone has to have a favorite that appeals to them more.

Black and apricot are my favorites. I Love a rich dark black! A light (not cream) apricot is my next favorite.

I have gotten to where i dont really like the reds anymore. I used to think i liked them, but now i dont really. The more red/orangey they are, the less they appeal to me. The more i see red poodles, the more i dislike the color. I dont really enjoy partis, and also dislike phantoms.

Again, i Love all poodles, but these are my personal color choices. :D

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I have gotten to where i dont really like the reds anymore. I used to think i liked them, but now i dont really. The more red/orangey they are, the less they appeal to me. The more i see red poodles, the more i dislike the color.
'K then, since you dislike the color of my puppy I won't reply... :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like Ray-Ray color.
:)

Alright I know that's lame.

Wait, is there a snuggle-color? How about a kissy-face color? Hmm...

I like poodle fooffin' colors, all of 'em.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine are black and cafe au lait (faded brown), so guess what, those are the colours I like. The only downside with a black is they are really difficult to photograph. My friend has reds and I like these too, also beautiful silver. Oh heck, I like them all, as someone said, they are poodles.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
We have a black female and a cream male, but they are not my favorite colors. I like the ice whites and the silvers or silver beige colors the best I think. Heck, I don't know, I like them all, I really do not think there is any color that I could really say that I do not like.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I love blacks the most :)- than white or cream (but with REALLY good pigmentation - black noses and eyes).

The only color I do not like is some kind of washed -out brown ....

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I know we all love ALL poodles, but everyone has to have a favorite that appeals to them more.

Black and apricot are my favorites. I Love a rich dark black! A light (not cream) apricot is my next favorite.

I have gotten to where i dont really like the reds anymore. I used to think i liked them, but now i dont really. The more red/orangey they are, the less they appeal to me. The more i see red poodles, the more i dislike the color. I dont really enjoy partis, and also dislike phantoms.

Again, i Love all poodles, but these are my personal color choices. :D
Reds and apricots of course Mine donot have the orangy color so will you like them maybe just a little :) ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
White! My absolute favorite poodle color... it's so classic, beautiful, regal, pristine, etc.
My boy doesn't have "good" pigmentation (though he's cream anyway), he has a brown nose and brown rims around his green eyes, and I think it's just absolutely beautiful, but I agree that I love the dark black eyes and nose on whites.
My next favorite would be silver. I absolutely adore silvers, they look gorgeous when they're well groomed. They always sweep me off my feet!
I also really love partis. I'm not a fan of phantoms for some reason, but I do love the spotted look on parti poodles.

I don't really like dark colored poodles as much. Black, brown, red, etc. They look precious as puppies but for some reason I don't find them as appealing as other colors. (just my opinion! I have nothing against any color dog, of course lol) It's no doubt that I have seen some truly stunning blacks, browns, and reds, but in general I prefer other colors.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have to admit I do love the silvers and a really pretty blue . I had a silver male that was out of a blue and she was stunning .. I have a silver femake now that is quite pretty . And I do like creams too HA HA I think I may liek them all too HA HA !!!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Silver - First. Apricot & Red are a close second and then black.

Honestly I love them all, and after seeing a parti color in person. The right coloring they are gorgious.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I love just about any of the colors with the exception of the phantoms. I love the look of a well bred poodle no matter what color it is. I do have a partiality to black. And, yes, they are difficult to photograph. Most of my kittens/cats have been mostly black or black patterned.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
'K then, since you dislike the color of my puppy I won't reply...
:rolffleyes:

Just because *I* dont like a color doesnt mean someone has to take it personally (who am i really in the grand sceem of things anyways?:)). Im sure some people dont like the color, shape, size, whatever of my dog. I said it a couple times in my first post that they are all poodles, so we love them all. *Personally* i wouldnt Choose to own the colors i mentioned.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Black. No ifs, ands or buts. To me a black Standard is the most beautiful dog going.
And my second choice would be white with really dark pigmentation.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I like (in order): apricots, reds, blacks.

That isn't to say that I don't like poodles of other colors, just that if I have a choice in the color of my own personal pet, I would choose those first.

I'm trying to get used to partis. This comes from studying the AKC Bible as a kid and having it drilled into my head by them that partis are an abomination and should be avoided at all costs. I know this isn't true, but you know. Old habits die hard.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts