Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching "Look who's talking Now" (and oddly enough has a standard poodle!) on cable earlier and it made me think of other movies and tv dogs I found entertaining. I have a long list but some of my favorites are:

Beethoven - gotta love a big slobbery dog
Man's Best Friend
the K9 movies with Belushi w/ the German Shepherd "Jerry Lee"

and one of my favorite dogs...

"Buck" from Married with children. I used to watch this all the time with my dad. I just adored Buck, he's such a handsome pup. I think he was later replaced by a cocker spaniel, unfortunately I think it was because Buck died :(

I also liked the German Shepherd from "I am Legend" i think in the movie the dogs name was Samantha. I heard she was a rescue of some sort but not 100% certain.

Rocks and Daphne from look who's talking now

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I did! I cry in most animal movies though. It's the main reason i probably wont buy "Marley and Me" on DVD. The book was sad enough!

I heard Will Smith wanted to buy the german shepherd in the movie because he got so attached to her but the trainer/handler refused. I'm not sure what kind of a life a high energy dog like that would have when his owner is gone most of the time filming movies though.

She is a beauty :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I soooooo CRIED when Sam died, awwww :(

Who can forget Hooch in tuner and hooch?? ROFL "this is not your room"

Rin tin tin is also a favorite :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I loved hooch! I kind of like the slobbery dogs! I guess it's from growing up with a saint bernard (which is also why i adore the Beethoven movies)

I will get another saint bernard one day! They are fantastic dogs, especially if you enjoy a good lazy day because if there is a dog that knows how to relax, a saint bernard is definitely that dog.

I actually forgot tom hanks was in the movie when I looked up turner and hooch.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Oh, I forgot about old yeller... Hey wasn't there another book about that family where the dog in the story was one of yeller's pups? What was that dogs name... I kind of remember the book and I *think* they made it into a movie as well but I can't totaly remeber. I remeber a good part of the story though.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I just looked it up, the sequal was called Savage Sam, he was a son and his name was Sam. I wonder if I can find copies of those movies anywhere on DVD. I would like to have them, you know for old times sake kind of thing.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Turner and Hooch
Eyes of an angel
The Adventures of Milo and Otis
White Fang
Bingo

I will post more later

·
Registered
741 Posts

I heard Will Smith wanted to buy the german shepherd in the movie because he got so attached to her but the trainer/handler refused. I'm not sure what kind of a life a high energy dog like that would have when his owner is gone most of the time filming movies though.

i dont know if u watch ceser milan but he is very involed wth the smith family he got all the dogs for the family that they have now

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I love Where the Red Fern Grows, book and movie. My favorite dog movie ever is "The Ugly Dachshund." If you've never seen it, you should look for it. It's about a Great Dane that is raised with a litter of Dachshunds.

Oh, and I wanted to ad that Buck retired from "Married with Children" b/c of his age, but he did live for a while after his retirement.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like Will Smith myself, at least as an actor! I'm glad his career as a musician was short lived.

I didn't know that about Cesar Milan, i've heard of him but haven't watched his show too much. The only dog training show I really catch is the Victoria Stillwell one, I think it's called "It's me or the dog" on animal planet.

I'm glad to hear Buck lived awhile after retiring. He wasn't a huge part of the show but I always liked seeing him. He was such a handsome dog!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I love Where the Red Fern Grows, book and movie. My favorite dog movie ever is "The Ugly Dachshund." If you've never seen it, you should look for it. It's about a Great Dane that is raised with a litter of Dachshunds.

Oh, and I wanted to ad that Buck retired from "Married with Children" b/c of his age, but he did live for a while after his retirement.
I love the "The Ugly Dachshund" too!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
The only dog training show I really catch is the Victoria Stillwell one, I think it's called "It's me or the dog" on animal planet.

i have to say i dont like her much i much prefer cesers methoreds

1 - 18 of 18 Posts