Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not planning on getting a puppy for awhile, and I've actually already decided on the breeder :D

but I just wanted to know what sort of information anyone has on this Kennel. or if anyone actually has a puppy from them how the pup turned out :]

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have not met them, but they are right here in Pittsburgh! (Where I am from.) I have communicated via email many times with Terry, who is wonderful! He is so helpful and informative! I was actually torn between a havanese and a mini poodle. He breeds standards, but I asked him about some of the differences between the two. I also have nothing but positive things to say about his willingness to help.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I think there are plenty of admirable red breeders...
You're going to have to enlighten me then. What little I've seen of red breeders is sketchy health testing (lots of prelims and no follow ups), breeding before 2 years of age, absolutely no titles what so ever and mostly repreat breeding between pet quality dogs.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whatever Harley you and your friends immaturity has nothing do with why I posted this, I was asking a question if you have nothing useful to contribute...don't

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
.....But it is useful... and true..............
no its not useful AT ALL... it isn't impertinent at all to my question Terry breeds Creams and apricots as well hes championed both...so he may be known for his reds but hes known for other colours she was just being nasty and rehashing things that have nothing to do with my question about this kennel or breeder

Thank you Cbrand for your USEFUL information ^_^

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
no its not useful AT ALL... it isn't impertinent at all to my question Terry breeds Creams and apricots as well hes championed both...so he may be known for his reds but hes known for other colours she was just being nasty and rehashing things that have nothing to do with my question about this kennel or breeder

Thank you Cbrand for your USEFUL information ^_^
ok.... ooops...

all that was asked was please enlighten me.... followed by some facts...

I didn't realise the thread topic police were out :scared:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh we just got our uniforms yesterday so it wasn't really official until then >.>

and my question may have been vague so I'll expand on it a bit

Does anyone have one of Terrys dogs?
Has anyone met him or any of his dogs? ((he seems quite friendly via emails so I'm excited to meet him at a show thats coming up :] ))
Does he health test? ((...yes...))
Are his dogs healthy?

as the thread police, those are questions I find suitable...any others may result in a hefty fine <.<

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
oh we just got our uniforms yesterday so it wasn't really official until then >.>

Has anyone met him or any of his dogs? ((he seems quite friendly via emails so I'm excited to meet him at a show thats coming up :] ))
Are his dogs healthy?

as the thread police, those are questions I find suitable...any others may result in a hefty fine <.<
I'll try and behave then............................

Everything I have seen and heard about him has been good.
I really like how they don't make a habit of breeding young dogs :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

Are his dogs healthy?

I am hoping to meet him this weekend at a show. (Thanks for the help on that!) And, being that he does health testing, if you like the looks of his dogs, (I happen to love reds, apricots, creams) I would say go for it. I can tell by how friendly/helpful he has been to me that you would have great breeder support.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am hoping to meet him this weekend at a show. (Thanks for the help on that!) And, being that he does health testing, if you like the looks of his dogs, (I happen to love reds, apricots, creams) I would say go for it. I can tell by how friendly/helpful he has been to me that you would have great breeder support.
I hope you had fun at the show!
I wasn't able to go because of training for work v.v;

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thread police or not, im going to have to agree with Harley. It is completely true of what red breeders ive seen. I thought it was an appropreate post to the thread...
but its not because it doesn't have anything to do with Terry and his breeding program
I wasn't asking about him compared to anyone else I was asking about him and his dogs alone so no it wasn't appropriate or educational at all

1 - 20 of 29 Posts