·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is your poodle groomed...
FANCY

24 Best Toy poodle show trim images | Poodle, Toy poodle, Dog grooming

RELAXED

*PLEASE NOTE: These photos are not mine.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Relaxed, so I have as little brushing to do as possible, and there is less risk of matting. Even if I wanted to do a fancy style, I don’t have the skills, lol !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, understandable as Fro-Yo (my Toy Poodle) has been having some matting recently. Thinking about doing something a bit more relaxed for her.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Definitely relaxed. I know what the limits of my grooming skills are, I am good with a comb/slicker and can scissor trim reasonably well. But I am pretty much useless when it comes to using clippers, and Beau would probably look pretty funny when I got done with him :). So the groomer clips him in a nice "simple short" cut, which I can easily maintain at home.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I don't think there is a hard line between fancy and relaxed. Misha's in what I would call a relaxed trim but most people who see him out on walks would say he is very fancy. Because they don't see a lot of well groomed dogs.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My daughter's friend won my heart when she said Raffi looked like a poodle that is in shows (she's 8 lol). He is in a sort of modified continental, but a very relaxed one! So, a bit of both?

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Relaxed - Poppy cannot stand for very long these days, so clipping and scissoring needs to be completed in about 20 minutes. I am thinking of doing FTT more frequently, though, just to keep her more comfortable and keep her looking like my idea of a poodle!

Reactions: 3MiniPoodles

·
Registered
426 Posts
Lacey has always had essentially the same haircut as the second photo. For now im trying something that i consider more fancy. Although nowhere near pro level quality since I’ve only been grooming her for less than a year. I don’t have the skills to do anything like the first picture or the time to upkeep something like that.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to deal with the longer areas as the topknot/ears/mane/legs continue to grow out, even if I love the look. The brushing and combing likely will become to much for me and I’ll go back to a kennel cut.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Relaxed especially in summer. We spend so much time at the water that she gets so tangled and gross if she’s in a fancy cut. Made that mistake the first summer as a puppy with a fancy cut and spent so much time taking out debris from her hair that she was shaved down the next day. She’s all one length with the exception of her face/feet/tail that are shorter. Even in fall/winter, she’s pretty relaxed because of snow or mud in our backyard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts