Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did record a face shaving session! It is far from perfect but a lot of that is because shaving the face of a fidgety dog is hard to do when you are trying to keep it in view of a camera. I tried my best and it is what it is. Hopefully one day I'll make a better one. Full disclosure - Misha took a long long time to get even this well behaved about face shaving. And I literally do it every single week so it's taken loads of practice. Never give up on your dog.

@PeggyTheParti I hope this helps!

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,780 Posts
Loved it! Thank you! You are so patient and meticulous, and Misha was hilarious as usual with his pawing. I’m inspired to give it another try tomorrow. I want to try your technique for between the eyes.

P.S. I’ll admit to being occasionally distracted by your perfectly organized pegboard. ;)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Loved it! Thank you! You are so patient and meticulous, and Misha was hilarious as usual with his pawing. I’m inspired to give it another try tomorrow. I want to try your technique for between the eyes.

P.S. I’ll admit to being occasionally distracted by your perfectly organized pegboard. ;)
Haha glad you liked it! I tried to cut out segments where he kept turning completely out of view. I swear he tries to face away from the camera. The between the eyes bit is really hard because you need some precision to avoid cutting the topknot hair.

Hope you weren't cringing too hard for the eyelid parts lol.

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,780 Posts
Haha glad you liked it! I tried to cut out segments where he kept turning completely out of view. I swear he tries to face away from the camera. The between the eyes bit is really hard because you need some precision to avoid cutting the topknot hair.

Hope you weren't cringing too hard for the eyelid parts lol.
Ha! Yep. Definitely cringed. But clearly Misha was fine, so I’m feeling a little more brave.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
I'll definitely look at this later! The look in his eye alone captured in the preview is too good.

Reactions: Raindrops

·
Registered
738 Posts
Misha's looking very dapper. I'll have to try to scoop method around the eye.

What kind of watch do you have, is it a casio?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Misha's looking very dapper. I'll have to try to scoop method around the eye.

What kind of watch do you have, is it a casio?
Thank you! It's a cheap digital watch I found on Amazon. Brand is SKMEI. I like it a lot though it does tend to fall behind a couple minutes after a while. I was looking for a low profile digital watch that looks more professional. But didn't want to spend money on something pricey when I'm likely to damage it.

·
Registered
Benjamin Franlkin - Senior Tpoo, Apple Butter - mpoo puppy
136 Posts
You inspired me to try actually shaving Apple's face yesterday!! She seems to be like Misha. I could shave the sides of the face and the base of her snoot but she did NOT like the end of her snoot being shaved. So I didn't push it. Now she has a mustache. 😂 I liked watching you shave his eyeballs cause that part was terrifying to me. Honestly, she didn't care about the eyes that much!

Ive got a long way to go until I'm at your level, but at least we tried! Thanks for the great video. :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Peggy’s getting one, too! For the same reason. That bit at the very end of the muzzle, between the mouth and the nose, is just brutal. Which I could borrow your Brav mini, @Raindrops.
I wish you could too! It really helped me with those extra sensitive areas. If only it had a 10 blade attachment it would be perfect.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I was thinking about your video today as I was grooming Babykins. You did an excellent job videotaping and I love how playful you are with Misha. It’s hard to keep the action in front of the camera.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was thinking about your video today as I was grooming Babykins. You did an excellent job videotaping and I love how playful you are with Misha. It’s hard to keep the action in front of the camera.
Thank you! That means a lot coming from a long-time owner!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I really enjoyed your video, especially seeing the wonderful relationship you have with Misha. It also made me aware that I probably don’t have it in me to do any home grooming. I’m in awe of those who do!

·
Registered
142 Posts
This video is very helpful, for several reasons. 1) It makes me feel like I'm getting a bargain at the groomer; 2) now I see why they need to take 4 hours to groom my puppy; 3) It will show me what to do when I get brave enough to shave his face myself! I love how you reward Misha for being still. He really trusts you! One reason I don't even try to clip or shave my puppy is that I don't want to violate our trust just yet. He's only been to the groomer twice, so he's just learning how the process works.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts